112/150 combination vs supernait 2

That’s what I am afraid of…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sometimes it’s just better to stay at a level amp wise, otherwise the balance can be upset. As the window widens, unwanted stuff can fly through.

3 Likes

Ok Gary, sounds I should push to borrow if the main dealer will permit this. It’s more difficult than I expected

Good point other than Rega, Michell and Pro-Ject have the mid-ground fairly comfortably covered.

Sorry Ian, what do you mean regarding this?

If you can borrow one for a few days, i’m sure you can make a good assesment of the system’s nature.

:+1::+1::+1:

SN2 is a great performer, I’d expect it to be more capable and enjoyable than a 112/150 even without a HiCap (common addition to the SN’s) I’ve owned all the SN’s (currently on a SN3) and have used PMC speakers on all of them. The 2 and now 3 driven by PMC OB1i
Consider what phono preamp you want to pair with it as well, plenty of options including a Naim Stageline, you can even power it directly from the SN2.

Thank you. I have the following:

Linn axis with basik plus

CD5

NAC112

Stageline Phono stage

Flatcap 2

Nap 150

PMC GB1

Any further thoughts on the supernait 2???

Are you waiting for someone to say don’t do it?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: no not at all, it seems like a no brainer to be honest. It is difficult when you were not unhappy but know the upgrade coukd create a slippery slope. Just contacted main dealer to borrow the sn2 :wink:

I was replying to Lindsay M when he talked about why Linn don’t make a replacement for the Axis.

You may rest assured with SN2, you won’t be thinking for an upgrade in a near future, given you’re a happy person now with your current kit. I own this integrated amp for like a year now, and all I have done ever since it to match the speakers with it, as the previous ones were kind of power hungry, rated at 4ohm/87db, same sensitivity as your PMCs, but a with a different impedance, a more difficult to control speaker in general, which is not your case. If you can home demo, even better, but I don’t see a reason for someone to dislike this particular amplifier, moreover somebody with with inferior to SN2 system.

Oh ok I understand. :+1:

I’d recommend the SN2 without question, I imagine you’d find it a welcome pairing with the rest of your system.

If your existing pre was a 122 I’d suggest treading carefully but as it’s a 112 I’d have no such reservations…

I own and enjoy my SN 2 and would recommend you do a home demo to insure your happy with your choice.

I went with an integrated amp since I wanted to build a system with a small box count as I head into retirement. So four boxes with a rack and a set of speakers works well for me. Good luck with your decision!

Sell the 112 and get a better Naim preamp.

(That’s what I did.)

Also, make your mind up on sources.

The more you have the more you are spreading your limited budget and thus having lower quality source.

2 Likes

Ok that’s really decent information. I plan to demo and will let the forum know how I get on :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand: