1972 ! 50 years, but what music!

So, to summarise, you don’t know.

That’s what I understand.

1 Like

Oh dear. And in one fell swoop, you manage to turn a discussion about the music of 1972 into something prurient. Fifty years later, and dinosaurs still walk the earth.

2 Likes

They’re everywhere unfortunately, it’s a shame we just haven’t moved on.

1 Like

And back to the music…

PFM …Photos of Ghosts…recorded 1972 released 1973. My original vinyl copy went long ago. Just got round to getting a CD copy.

7 Likes

1972 : the year of first LP of one of the best prog band in Italy.
Banco del mutuo soccorso.
There are some of you that post PFM records , probably you know also this band. One year later, two other masterpieces, “Darwin” and “Io sono nato nato libero”
The first issue cover was not square, has exactly the shape of the round “piggy bank”

2 Likes

Foxtrot is my preferred Genesis record. Every track is a masterpiece.

3 Likes

I haven’t come across them. (Something to seek out and try sometime!)

Other than PFM the only Italian prog band I know are Le Orme, having four of their albums getting three of of their LPs gratis is an interesting tale!) - but none of the ones I have are from 1972, though googling I see they did release Uomo di Pezza that year

1 Like

Still got my LP, and also that of “The World became the World”. Grabbed a CD box set recently.

Saw them at Uni. Also interesting are the songs sung in Italian as opposed to the English (lyrics by Pete Sinfield, I think). They are now listenable on Yootoob.

3 Likes

Just bought a UK first press of this, but its playing surface is terrible. It’s going back tomorrow :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Caravanserai on Music On Vinyl, ok but not great. I was daft enough to let go my first press US copy bought on release in 72 !

6 Likes

This thread prompted me to have a listen to 100 UK hits from 1969 play list, what a year for music that was!

The latter came a little earlier but still one of my favourites of that years

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.