I am curious to know if anyone here has experience hearing Jamo Concert 8 with naim gear?
The specs are
- 2-way bass reflex,
- 25mm SEAS Sonotex Dome tweeter
- Bass driver 6.5 " SEAS Excel
- Sensitivity 91 dB.
- Freq range 38 Hz to 22Khz
- Impedance 4 ohm
- Power handling 130 long term | 170w short term
- Dim H x W x D 380 x 245 x 310mm
- Weight 13 kg each
The source will be a
Chord Qutest and other times
Halide DAC HD
Online there’s great reviews of sn3 but on this forum I’ve seen more posts indicating shortcomings of sn3 which needs a dedicated PSU to overcome - than fewer. The natural course seems to be 252/250dr or 300 separates but if I take into account the following:
- The Jamos are minimal crossover design
- They are small to medium size cabinet
- 91db sensitivity
- I listen to music at low to medium levels, Usually around 50 to 70db (Have tinnitus so cant listen to music very loud)
- The room size they operate in is 13 ft by 12
Then my head tells me 250dr and 300nap are overkill and SN3 in a single box will satisfy my requirements for a compact cool running neutral amplifier with enough headroom as its conservatively rated 130w at 4ohms and the jamos are 120w long term 170w short term at 4ohms. And in the future I can always add in a seperate psu for the preamp section.
What do you guys think?