1x NAP 300 V 2x NAP 250?

That’s an awful lot. I sold a four year old one, an original DR build with the spray rather than brushed case, for £4,250. I suppose prices have risen over the past year but £6,000 seems very expensive.

Ah, okay so. I went from XPS DR to 555PS, and in my system it was a worthwhile change for more resolution and refinement. Ideally, a comparison of a 555PS and a single 250, versus keeping the XPS DR and going for a 300 would be interesting comparison for a similar cost.

But the 252 is certainly up to the benefits of a more refined source.

1 Like

Yes ineed it is. Guess a combination of ‘everything is on the up’ and very few availbale has pushed them up. Still better than new…

Thanks @Mike_S Yes have a 252+250 at the moment behind the NDX2+XPSdr so looking to the 555 before possibly looking to 300 again. Have to say I love the 250 and haven’t missed the 300 one little bit, so far…

1 Like

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, it’s a refurbished Class A model. (Classic Finish). XXXXDeleted XXXXX

They had two models. I purchased the other last week.

I hope I’ve not broken any forum rules.

Thanks for that and ummm, it might just be :slight_smile:

For myself, it turns out to be quite a good deal when considering it is £900.00 for a service, and secondhand 555PS go for £4 to £5k depending on age.

This one is up at almost 6k so does seem a little on the high side.

1 Like

Plus they save £120.00 on less VAT. XXXXDeletedXXXX

1 Like

Would you mind tell me what you paid for yours? Completely understand if you’d rather not of course.

£5400 - I should have tried for a lower price in hindsight.

I deleted the above comments where they can implicate.

1 Like

I initially inquired with the dealer about the refurbished 555ps six weeks ago but wasn’t willing to pay the £6k. In between had a bad experience where I won a 555PS on eBay. I paid via eBay; the private seller said he wanted payment by BACS, so I wasn’t willing to risk it. I asked the seller to cancel, but he refused. I had an email from eBay that they withdrew the item due to concerns.

So, paying around the same price if I got it serviced for basically a brand new model. Also, mine was in a 500 series finish. Got my terminology mixed up.

1 Like

555PS was a major upgrade over XPS on my CDS3. Power supply upgrades have always been worthwhile on Naim kit.

2 Likes

Great, thanks thats v helpful. Best wishes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.