250-300

Been using my 300DR for a week now. Great lows. Fluid and airy yet muscles. Treble is detailed and airy and never harsh. However the mids in comparison to the 250DR tend so feel a bit thinner sometimes borderline harsh. Imagination? I know the SHL5 Plus are known to be quite forward and by some explained as thin in the mids so might need other speakers to be completely satisfied. Any speakers recommended with 272/300DR if I enjoy sweet warm mids and overall a more laidback sound rather than full blast details which is fun the first hour and then meh. I listen for 8-12h per day so need something that is not causing fatigue :+1:

Franco Serblin Essence Accordo. Great synergy with Naim.

1 Like

Wot Richard said!

I have gone through a 282, 252 and 552, all with a 250DR. A 552 is stunning with the unassuming 250DR.

However you will need a great source for the 552 to shine.

1 Like

I agree with Richard. I ran a 552 with a NAP200 for short time before upgrading to a NAP300DR. The 552 took the NAP200 to a whole new level. The 300DR was a great upgrade to new level of enjoyment. Get the 552. It’s the best upgrade that I have done.

@Richard.Dane do you think that scdr with 282 makes sense if you don t plan future pre upgrades? I would definitely land to a 282 psu and 250 but i ve to decide what psu. One hcdr or a scdr?..two hcdr is not far, in term of price to a scdr

Sure, I would certainly take a single Supercap over two Hicaps. Only unknown for me is how DR changes things.

I went from a HiCap (non DR) to a SuperCapDR on my 282 and it transformed it.

Before you abandon your Harbeths I would say that the 300 deserves much better upstream electronics than a 272. To my ears 272/300 is a bit of an untamed beast, and I’m not surprised by your findings. If you don’t want to move to separates, as a minimum I would add an XPS to the 272.

XPSDR or 555PSDR is on my roadmap :sunglasses::+1:

Make sure you see the thread on this! And make sure you listen to both before making the choice.