250DR balance issue

Hi just wanted to say thanks I got an atom recently and didn’t even realise balance was a thing until today. Due to my room being a work in progress and the weird position of my furniture I’ve had to temporarily place my right speaker further from my listen position. Reading this thread has meant I can use the balance to compensate.

1 Like

I would get in touch with your dealer who sold you the Nova to get it checked out. Is it still under warranty?

1 Like

I’ll check with naim on its exact age with serial numbers. I brought the nova off a friend, he had it from new.
I did email naim directly last Saturday but not had a reply yet.

The balance of the image was perfect at the time, as in the vocals were directly center, but if I moved the balance slider left or right the music still came out of both speakers. Now, or at least before I sent the 250 back the sound would only come out of one speaker. I’m just going to stick with the nova for now. Until I can afford to get a 282/250 and ndx2 I’ll have to manage.

It can work wonders in difficult rooms, what I couldn’t understand with mine was that the left and right channels appeared to be leaking in to one another. It was as if the 2 channels were joined as one. Like in mono. The balance slider was just removing the bass from both speakers instead of switching from left to right.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.