250DR or speaker upgrade

Erm - if all the ATC’s don’t work in your room then I guess there may some issue with the room.

Active ATC’s are awesome and it’s a real shame that you haven’t been able to enjoy them. You are really missing out!

I’d contact a professional ATC dealer and try to find out what’s wrong

I have a relatively small room, and having tried a few speakers then I know that floorstanders tend to overpower with bass and agile standmounts seem to perform best. I would not say my room was wrong, but certain speakers perform well whereas others do not. I guess that when you have a fixed room then it is easier to match the speakers to it rather than the other way around. I need to lick my wounds after the weekend. My upgrade plans have taken a bashing, and right now it feels like 320 CHF for a set of speaker stands has given me a healthy improvement such that another instant upgrade is not necessary. Perhaps a SuperCap for my 282?

No issues at all that most of us don’t have and to assume that all speakers work is just the wrong line of thinking altogether because they just don’t and I never said all atc’s just 3. In my room these atc’s are slow, lifeless speakers with no depth there all inside the box and doesn’t matter where I place them. Heard much the same at the dealers as well. Revels, Russell k and b & w all offer far better sound imo for the money. So agian I standby by my statement I don’t get what all the fuss is about when better can be had. That’s my opinion but I don’t try to impart my opinions on to people if they have a different tastes. It’s like me giving you marmite on toast and telling it tastes sweet.

It never stops this upgrading lark :smile:

I loved my Proac Tab 10s but after moving the system into a bigger room I needed a bit more bass. Tried the Proac D20R but these boomed then a pair of mint Allaes apeared for £500 and having owned a pair of Allaes previously for 13 years it was worth a punt.

Well these along with my 250Dr is a match made in heaven, bass is spot on, great imaging and detail with the bonus of been 5 inches from the back wall.

I had a 250-2 running a Pair of Dynaudio Contour S3.4. I had the 250 recapped and upgraded to DR. Boom! Upgraded speakers with better bass, midrange, everything!

Then I really did upgrade my speakers a bit later, but the DR upgrade brought a lot to the table and was effectively like a speaker upgrade.

Keep your amp.
Demo other speaker brands
Proac is a great suggestion

Probably so many speakers that do work why bother with speakers that dont.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.