252 has lost right channel, no it's the NDX2

I’m currently using my Audio Sensibility Statement SE Silver RCA interconnect between the NDX2 and the 252. I got it from them in Canada to use on my Heed Headphone Amp.

Anyway, it’s their top of the range interconnect and blow me down with a feather if it’s not giving the SL DIN interconnect a good run for its money…. Runs against the conventional wisdom of DIN v RCA.

When I get the relay fixed, I’ll keep both connections in and do some a/b and get myself totally confused….

Were you using SL leads?

1 Like

Yes, I was using SL DIN to DIN. But can’t use those at the moment, so have these fancy RCA to RCA leads between the NDX2 and 252 until the NDX2 heads off for repair on Monday. When the NDX2 is back, I’ll run comparisons. It was just interesting that with the RCA leads, it still sounds really good. Off course, when I change them again I’ll probably prefer the SL DIN - DIN :roll_eyes:

Probably confirms my suspicion about how incremental some of these tweaks are, maybe a lot of them are just in the head.

Be interested in the comparison though.

1 Like

The NDX2 has been fixed, but somehow has not arrived back here after leaving Wellington mid week, so I’m still using the Star. In the end I don’t have a cable to try the Star into the 250, but now I’m wondering whether I can connect the pre-out into the 252 - is this okay to do anyone?

Hopefully the NDX2 will be back home early next week.

As for your question I had no idea and I’d be reluctant to experiment but someone will know the answer.

1 Like

I’m fairly certain it would be okay, but would be running two volume controls, so would need to have the 252 volume really low. I’d just take the RCA outputs that are on the sub into the analogue RCA inputs on the 252 and put the sub back onto the SC plug. Just a idea of something to try whilst it’s all sitting together.

1 Like

No problem doing that. Just use RCA cables and remember to reassign the RCA input on the 252. The pre out is post volume control on the Star so you’ll have to set the volume quite high on the Star.

1 Like

Thanks James, just switched to that set up and it’s sounding nice. Not sure why I didn’t do this to start with, it would have saved lots of Yoga swapping speaker cables around. Still looking forward to getting the NDX2 back and powering it up with the 555PS.

I did have a false start though, as the 250 power switch is a bit sticky….

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.