272 , Tidal issue

I have FTTC ( fiber and copper ) 26 Mb Upload / 8 Downl (TIM) , the problem occured since 1 week ( absolutely nothing in the last 2 years )

Called the ISP ( the connection works fine , they say )

strange…strange…to complicate things , started a Qobuz trial tonight ( Bubble server ) : all is perfect , the music flow perfectly

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Yes BubbleUPnPServer acts as a media buffer proxy and so Tidal and Qobuz will play more reliably into the older/legacy streaming platforms.
As far as broadband… sorry I thought you said cable… FTTC uses VDSL or VDSL2 over twisted pair … though your downlink sync speed is quite slow for VDSL, but should be fine for Tidal unless others are consuming large amounts of bandwidth at the same time…
What do web speed and latency checkers say… have you seen a deterioration? But if playing fine though BubbleUPnPServer and not directly into your streamer pretty much points to being latency related as opposed to overall throughput.

The bottom line the old/legacy streamers run pretty much close to the edge with internet web based streaming of 44.1/16 FLAC … and so are very susceptible to increase in latency, even short term, between the streamer and the CDN (via your ISP) thereby causing dropouts.

Understood Simon :call_me_hand:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.