282 or 252 power requirements

Hi Iver,

It’s 3 balls / cups per glass plate. Naim, according to their specifications size each glass plate as : 452 mm x 340 mm x 10mm. They use a hardened safety glass, which is edge polished from Pilkington.

I had a local glazer order 4 panels in the sizes above (cost was around £280 for 4 inc vat) to the same spec. The cups and balls are Naim’s own, ordered from TomTom audio.

The installation looks better. Sound quality hasn’t changed much, certainly not for the worst.

2 Likes

Hi Marka,

That really clarifies! If I look at the Tom Tom website, they offer socalled “Naimfraim Glass Locator kit” next to the Balls and Cups. Do I need to order that locator-kit, or just need the balls and the cups (next of course the glass plates)? Cheer, Iver

Hi Iver,

I only ordered the balls and cups, not the location kit. I supposed that the equipment was heavy, the glass was heavy and it wouldn’t move around.

It hasn’t.

Hey Marka, thank you very much for your clear explanation and guidance. I am going to purchase the same as you. Really like the looks. Happy ! Iver

The position of the cups relative to the glass matters. Generally the Fraim positions are a good starting point (close to the front edge and sides). The box then lines with the front edge.

Phil

Since the system has been powered down I’d wait at least 3 weeks before giving a definitive judgement.
Even though I happened to notice immediately the difference on the source.

Where did you get that rack? So beautiful :heart_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.