282 power supply improvements

Thanks for all these responses, I will book a demo to see whether I think its worth the extra cost. My LP12 does have the early Lingo power supply, maybe the money would be better spent on improving that power supply. I recently had the deck serviced and that resulted in significant improvements. I know some time soon I am going to move to doing more of my listening via streamed music so maybe need to consider to put the money towards getting the best NDS I can afford based on trickydicke’s post.
Best wishes Amer

With a transformer there is the possibility to have more than one secondary winding. Each secondary winding can be designed to have more than one regulated output.

One would hope that although the 282 uses only 4 independent supplies that these are drawn from different secondary windings.

Phil

all I can add from my experence is the 282 is a lovely Pre Amp and adds music to a well balanced system and is a real set up from the 202 as you should expect)

HCDR or HC is a lovely power source for the 282 and is well matched - I used HCDR in my system and certainly found the music, but for me when I added SC to the 282 it went on to a whole new level of permformance only had this for 6 months before I moved to 252 but 282/SC is less forward in presentation, major uplift in focus and music

Well you can see in the SC that each DC rail doesn’t have it’s own winding. But they are all backed by a single very overspecced transformer and individually regulated. It’s an elegant design if ever there was one.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.