282 Power Supply

I certainly agree with that, as without it, you would get silence :grinning:

4 Likes

Is it good practice to have the Napsc as far away as possible then from the 282 then. I have attached picture of current arrangement. This okay ? or need to go lower
Comments on stacking order welcome. XPS under NDX. 250 under 282.

2 Likes

I would go with:

Left stack (Brain)
NDX
Napsc, Rega Phono stage
Right stack (Brawn)
XPS
Rega Power supply, HiCap

Ideally you want to keep the Brain stack on the left with the pre, phonostage and sources.

The right stack is the Brawn where you have the power supplies. The 250 at the top as it is more sensitive.

The turntable should ideally be on the left with the sources and pre, but should be fine.

Good to keep the phonostage away from power supplies as well.

More shelves would be ideal to separate your smaller components further: the Napsc, Rega p/s, Hicap and Rega phono.

1 Like

As @Dan_M advised I would go source on left and power on right

Ideally shortlist signal path from deck to pre, if possible with lead length

I would move Napscc away from source, it is known for being noisy supply, hence the length of the lead

Carefull cable dressing also makes a good difference

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks to @Dan_M @Antz and others for the advice. Most helpful place this forum. Cheers.

1 Like

Yes, as Yeti said, put ‘vibration isolation’ into the search and read that Thread.

This introduces a superb way invented by Xanthe to get excellent component isolation based on physical principles of energy reflection using suitable materials and methods.

1 Like

Could Napsc be moved to the floor out of the way completely. Omission on my part best to keep it out of Brain left stack.

Obviously you want it to look nice and neat as well.

The changes of the stacks will yield improvements.

1 Like

Yes i could put it on the floor or make a little shelf for it below the unit, will give it a try.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.