282 without napsc?

Not sure if this is allowed Richard but can anyone tell me what I should be paying for a nac 282 needing service and without its napsc?

My first instinct is to say pay nothing. A 282 needs its napsc. If you happen to have a spare napsc lying around then check the bay for the going rate.

1 Like

Ok what should I pay for a serviced 282 with a napsc ?

Not bidding. I’ve been offered one that is sitting in a garage unused left to someone. I want to pay a fair price but I also want to be able to buy a napsc and have the 282 serviced.

Really hard to value. Napsc 2 on the bay goes for £200+. 282 with napsc goes for £2000+. So many variables: age, condition, service history, etc. You need to do some research and agree a fair price with the seller.

Thanks it gives me a starting point.

On the aforementioned auction site there is the option to search recent ‘sold’ listings but as @Graeme says there is a wide range as items could be nearly new or nearly 20 years old.

Why does a napsc get separated from its 282? The 282 doesn’t work without a napsc.

2 Likes

The last one that was sold in New Zealand was about 40% of the new retail price, but with the NAPSC, it was quite old though.

1 Like

I will ask the widow in question and report back to satisfy your curiosity.

I recently sold my 282 (with the NAPSC) for £1750. It was 15 years old and un-serviced but sounded fresh as a daisy.

The buyer bit my hand off at that price and didn’t feel any need to negotiate but I felt it was a realistic asking price considering that I bought it for £50 more than that ex-demo from a dealer and used it for 10 years.

Such is the value of Naim gear if you buy carefully!

1 Like

The NAPSC can also be used to power the Naim Headline headphone amp.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.