3-Sided Double LPs

That was my initial assumption :smiley:

The funny thing with hi-fi is every so often something crops up that makes you question why you’ve done something in a particular manner for decades, even if correct it can introduce niggling concerns.

Years ago, I used to be happy fitting cartridges myself, I just no longer trust my dexterity or vision for that matter!

1 Like

By jove @igahman you may consider me duly corrected!
But its side D not 4!

Not a blank side, but a blank groove with a short burst of “music” about a third way through. Not sure Ive noticed that before :joy:

1 Like

Now who’s being pedantic :joy:

1 Like

If its any consolation, I can empathise with your initial concern.

A few years back I was playing Robbie Williams Take The Crown ( dont say a word, Mrs Dread likes him!) A double 45rpm set.

My Ekos/Dynavector must have taken a dislike to this aural disgust and threw a wobbly. For no apparent reason the arm/cart suddenly took off and skidded violently accross the record and label coming to rest at the spindle making an alarming racket. My Dynavector took a premature journey to the nackers yard! :sleepy:

The joy of vinyl! :joy:

1 Like

I’m ok with my special cartridge installation glasses on

1 Like

There wasn’t much chance of my playing any Robbie Williams record (although I thought that ‘Angel’ was a fantastic song), but I will avoid at all costs if they are a Dynavector-killer.

2 Likes

On one of his albums he sings a song called Sht thats on the radio* not sure if he’s being ironic

I found out today when I opened my copy of Walk the Sky by Alter Bridge, that side 4 is an etched picture.
Very obvious though, so didn’t try to play it😊

Pixies Live at Coachella 3 sides with side 4 a marble print…i assume it was their full set so no additional material available…still seems like you’re getting short changed though.

‘Side 10’ of the Dead’s Cornell ‘77 -

1 Like

Matching Tie and Handkerchief - I remember well having to repeatedly drop the needle on that one attempting to catch the ‘other’ groove.

Great memory!

1 Like

Bruce Springsteen’s latest is etched on side 4. (some would say it would be better if all 4 sides were like that) :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s a cheap shot, Ryder, and not terribly fair. Mr Springsteen must be one of the most honest and genuine musicians out there.

1 Like

Hmm, maybe you need to recognise a joke when you see it (the clue is in the Emoji)

3 Likes

I’m glad that you’ve explained your idea of a joke - even with the emoji, it’s not remotely funny. But there we are.

:kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

Not sure about that, given the recent controversy over ticket pricing for his gigs and Bruce’s reported response

Not trying to cause offense, just saying
:heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.