300DR powering down by itself

These are the only two cases I know of, so I’m sure you’ll be fine! :+1:

Regards
Neil.

2 Likes

Although if you ask my dealer I am cursed, and if something can go wrong it will for me. LOL Hopefully, Fedex splitting the shipment is the “going wrong” for me on this order. :thinking:

Don’t worry, it normally runs in sets of three things going wrong… good luck.

Strangely true on my nd555…but probably just the balance of luck, like my wife doing the lottery😬

2 Likes

Same on my ND555 hopefully should be fully sorted now.

1 Like

Was it a relay or another problem?

Traced to a DAC board fault, new one fitted all working fine and sounding spot on so hopefully no more visits to Salisbury.

1 Like

Thats a new one, glad its fixed👍

Gazza, superb service from my dealer and Naim a loan NDX installed the day after the ND555 packed up. ND555 taken back to Salisbury repaired, tested and returned in eleven working days excellent service indeed.

Thats what i and you presumably you have bought into. Not sure what would happen with high end American and Japanese kit-in the same circumstances?

Maybe, and even probably, Japanese kits don’t leave factory with so many defaults as Naim components.
Every week I read someone talking about a problem of a new purchased naim component.
We all love Naim, but there’s a real problem in the production check.

2 Likes

Well, my PSU showed up, so now I have my brand new 300DR integrated. Stone cold and brand new. I’m playing Bill Frisell/Thomas Morgan “Epistrophy” 24/96 on Qobuz. Holy cow what a difference from the 250DR. This is a beast: night and day difference. That bass is so deep and true. I had to turn my subs’ gain down a couple clicks. My wife noticed how much better it sounds immediately.

3 Likes

Just you wait for a few more days. The 300DR is simply a wonderful amplifier, so much better than the 250DR.

That much is already obvious. I have no doubt it will flower over the next month. And I’ve only had my 252 for 10 days, so double treat. I have a PowerLine coming too. Will probably be for the SCDR but I’ll try it on the XPS DR first.

1 Like

Makes me wanna upgrade mine 250 also. Should I do PSU first instead. Hard to decide.

Blimey. Not what I wanted to hear. I’m trying to resist an upgrade to 300dr from my 250dr

It’s not an upgrade. It’s a revelation.

Oh nooooooo… I wish I had not read this.

But at the same time pleased for you, it is a lot of money, double of 250DR, and hence should be a revelation.

2 Likes

In the U.S. a 250DR is $7K and 300DR is $15k. The substantial increase in price is justified from what my first impressions tell me. My wife is also really pleased with the better sounding music.

1 Like

Is the fan in the back of 300DR possible to hear at all or dead silent?