300DR ....shall I?

I can second that. Forgot to mention but that is something the 300 excels in. Mys listening level has decreased with 10-15dB and it still draws me in to the music.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a no brainer imo. Not only will you upgrade the power amp but it will unleash even more potential from the rest of your set up and many future upgrades to comeā€¦

2 Likes

Weā€™re very happy with our 300DR - it will be our endgame amp. We might get a 552 at some point (given it looks exactly like the 252 :wink: :wink: ) but I canā€™t see us stretching to a 500DRā€¦

9 Likes

+1

2 Likes

I will sound out a sale or return demo.

1 Like

I found the (non dr) 300 to be much better than the olive 250 that it replaced for low volume listening when I got it (into a pair of SBLs if that matters). This seems to be a common theme over many different people :blush:

3 Likes

Very keenly priced 300DR currently advertised on EBay at the moment.
If I hadnā€™t just invested Ā£ā€™s in my new 202/200 system plus power supplies, Iā€™d be seriously tempted.

Iā€™d say YES, it pairs well with the 282, isnā€™t fussy about speakers, and if youā€™re so inclined will work with any number of upgrades upstream.

1 Like

Indeed it does, and fantastic with a 552!

1 Like

If it was the right unit (known & trusted provenance etc.) at the right price, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

I think just waiting for any future replacement of 300DR

I bought a 300DR blind because I found one at a very good price. I had a 250.2 previously and I would not go back. Best upgrade Iā€™ve ever made honestly.

4 Likes

Best move i made

1 Like

I auditioned a 250DR but bought a 300DR as I was unimpressed with the 250 over my then SN3. Still run the 300DR with a 552DR. Excellent amp.

2 Likes

I upgraded from a 250dr to a 300dr quite possibly the best value for money upgrade I have done.

Low level listening is simply much better.

6 Likes

I am grateful for all the contributions.
I am collecting the 300DR on friday.

16 Likes

Congratulations on the purchase. I hope (and Iā€™m pretty sure) that your reaction to the
300 will be similar to mineā€¦I was gobsmacked. Someone asked if my speakers had got biggerā€¦ they truly seemed to.

I sat through some records almost in disbelief - never expected that level of difference to my 250 - then I started grinning. Havenā€™t stopped since.

5 Likes

What a kind post. Thank you.

1 Like

Pretty much mirrors my exerience too, one of the most significant upgrades Iā€™ve done. It only took a few bars to realise the improvement, even when the system was cold.

2 Likes

Hi @Kipstryker,

Some describe the difference as small others immense. My experience of the 300DR over the 250DR via SBLs is that difference was small, describable and essential once I had heard it.

The only Sonus faber that I have heard with the 300DR in my room are the Lumina I and III, which both shone.

1 Like