300DR ....shall I?

Thanks. ‘Bigger’ is a lot more succinct than I managed and exactly right - provided that (as yours are) the sources are up to it.

3 Likes

be that as it may, what I also heard myself is that XPSDR was also transformational on a NDX2/282/HCDR/250DR system…

a 552 is transformational compared to a 282… as it should be given the massive price difference…

2 Likes

I also use RA Evolution 500 power cords to great effect…much to chagrin to most forum members…but hey they work great…

I had 282 and on hearing the 552 yearned for one but couldn’t justify the outlay. I did move to 252 though and have never regretted it.
It did initially sound less exciting and possibly a little subdued but the more listening I did the more I appreciated what it was doing and the subtleties and nuances I’d never noticed before.
For me the 252/282 debate hinges on how you want the music to reach your ears. The move to 252 reminded me of when I added XPS2 to my old CDX. I loved the CDX but I always felt it focussed on one strand of the music. Adding the XPS2 let the whole band play. To my ears the 252 also let’s you hear more of the band.
And to get back on topic, I’m sure the OP will love his 300DR.

5 Likes

Having heard both 252 and 552 with the 250 and Titans I get the advantages of the 252 but just know the 552 is what I’d really wish for. But actually I just love what the 282 does, when I started out I never thought I’d own an amp anywhere near that level of performance so that’s where I stick.

5 Likes

Same here I would love to buy a 252 or a 552 but it’s financially not possible so I enjoy my 282 immensely

I will however audition the chord etude which is supposed to sound very good with a chord Dave

4 Likes

I know where you’re coming from. As good as the 552 is, where I’m at with 252 / 300DR is my endgame.
I enjoyed the 282 for several years and understand why people love them and why some prefer them. Having said that I wouldn’t go back.

4 Likes

The OP is indeed enjoying the 300dr. Very much. As I did the 250dr.
Due to a recent relocation of my system I needed longer speaker cables. Was running Phantoms. Decided to try Kudos KS1. Initial impressions are very good. Very good indeed.
Waiting on a morgana loom.

3 Likes

Addendum to the above.
KS1. Goodness me. Now I will move into the 300dr being transformative.
What an incredible value cable.

1 Like

Good, isn’t it.

Signals have a very neat way of ‘jumpering’ it too, if you require jumpers.

G

I did order jumpers with them. Standard style.
I used the very helpful and efficient chaps at Cymbiosis who I’ve not dealt with before.
I’m a little bit shocked by how good.

1 Like

Crumbs, it’s cheaper than A5!

Around 35 a metre.
Some on here have made comparisons to super lumina. Others of course are not as enamoured. In the main the positive comments were many as I trawled the search facility. I can only add to those.
There is more depth, yet increased clarity. The 3 dimensional nature is increased. Would describing the sound as chewy make sense?
Quite laid back too. Which I like. Others may prefer a bit more slam.

3 Likes

Stay strong, Lindsay.

3 Likes

Everyone really needs two 500DRs. The 300DR is average and the 250DR junk :sunglasses:

3 Likes

“Chewy”…I like that. Good description.

2 Likes

The 300 with the 552 was my best Naim purchase and it was spectacular. The 500 and 500DR are better, but you could stop at the 300 or 300DR and live happily ever after.

4 Likes

I personally went from a 10yr old 250.2 to a 5 yr old 300dr. So yes a few years difference but not an abyss.

1 Like

For 18 years I lived with a Rotel 840BX.

1 Like

If you found it a staggering improvement through your 282, it my show that most other things have stayed constant so you really notice one change, or different tastes ( always fair enough), or just that your ears are a bit less knackered than mine. In any case, it sounds like a great result.

2 Likes