300DR v 500DR

All quiet Chez Dave this morning, as I’ve taken the 300 DR out of the Fraim, to await the arrival of a 500 DR on home demo, later this morning.

Can’t stand this silent waiting.

2 Likes

Hi Dave,

I hope all goes to plan and you can reach a definitive decision.

Pete came round to mine on Saturday afternoon and installed a new NAC552 DR to replace my NAC252/Supercap DR and all I can say is - WOW!!! (Plus two additional Powerlines for the rest of my system).

I can’t quite beat the “8 seconds rule” mentioned earlier in this thread, but blimey!

It’s a bit good, innit :astonished: … and that’s with my system having been shut down overnight, and a brand new “out of the box” 500 DR, which can only improve as it burns in.

It’s been running a couple of hours now, and though Pete has said for me to take as long as I want to decide, I think we both know what the inevitable outcome will be.

The only issue really is “where next?”, to which the answer I got from Pete was “another 500 DR, to bi-amp the Neats” … steady on old chap! :rofl:

1 Like

Thats a great system Dave👍

1 Like

:sunglasses:

I would have thought that you’d know better by now Dave, asking silly questions like that! (By the way, my 552 DR was also brand new and cold ‘out of the box’ and I knew within 5 seconds that there was no going back!).

1 Like

Derek - he was with me in the morning. Said he was installing a 552 that afternoon so I assume it must be yours!

Certainly sounds like it Tim.

I just wanted to see how inventive Pete could be. :rofl:

Although it’s a demo unit, I guess we can already congratulate you. You’ll inevitably succumb :wink:

My own unit is on it’s way and should be installed in a few weeks.

The 8 seconds are already beaten, by the way. The 500 DR is meant to stay, no demo was needed :smiley:

1 Like

No doubt, there will always be a ‘cunning plan’ !

1 Like

Dave, when you have had a chance to listen a little more, maybe you could explain what the 500DR does that the 300DR doesn’t, or more realistically how they differ.

Enjoy the ride.

1 Like

Will do, Nigel, though I seem be a wee bit busy right now, (taking a teatime break, at the mo’), and “may be some time”. :joy:

1 Like

Congratulations on the purchase of your new 500dr Dave :joy::joy::joy:

:hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

I look forward to the purchase of the next one :joy::joy::joy:

Behave yourself, Nigel. :shushing_face::shushing_face::grin:

You’re in denial Dave, you know it’s going to happen :sob::sob::sob:

You been chatting with Pete, then? :open_mouth:

Me? Dave? I know nothing :sunglasses:

1 Like