300dr …

… bigger and bolder presentation than my 250DR?

Kudos 606 speakers.

1 Like

I haven’t heard your speakers, but with mine ( BW 805 D3) yes, with 300DR everything got bigger…
My reaction during the first play was ‘wow’, followed by more wows, lol.
More impactful, bigger soundstage, more…more… and less hard at higher volumes. With the 250 also, I was always wanting to turn it up to make the 805s wake up. Now, I pretty much stay at 9 or at the most, 10 o’clock…

2 Likes

Thank you.

Great combination the 300DR and 606. A real sweet spot.

1 Like

Smaller and modest

I love my combo of T505 and my 300DR, lot’s of friends on here with 606 and 300DR

1 Like

Upgrading from 250DR to 300DR was a revelation. It was as if I got bigger, better spekaers at the same time. My wife was down the hallway when I first fired up the 300DR and played something, and noted how much better the bass is, plus everything else once she was in the room for a listen.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for a 300DR also to replace my 250DR. Speakers are Kudos Titan 606. I hope to get “better” bass and not “more” bass :wink:

3 Likes

Could you explain further please? So the sound will be smaller?

My experience was better, deeper and more defined bass with 300DR which in some way can be felt as less bass than 250 if you just listen for the amplitude of things. In general the sound got bigger, deeper but that does not IMO mean stronger bass as in more bass. I would say 250 is more “youngster” and 300 more grown up/laid back with not at all being boring. Just more relaxing and a sense of more headroom/air in the music = less stressed.

2 Likes

I have 300DR with Kudos Titan 606, 552 CD555 and it sounds great. The thing that improved the clarity of the bass with my set up was replacing my speaker cable (Naim) with Kudos KS1.
You can now hear different bass notes and tones whilst the mid and upper end is more open and detailed. Cost is modest so has to be a real hifi bargain!!
Enjoy!

3 Likes

@pcd has the 606 with 252/300. He will probably share.
But apparently most have 250 dr with 606.

1 Like

I ran the 252/300 with the 606s for nearly two years and it is a fantastic combination, superb all round performance and excellent at low volume.

Thoroughly recommended.

2 Likes

How does the 300DR compare to the standard 300? I much prefer nap135s to the standard nap300

I have 252/300DR with Kudos 606 and it’s a wonderful combination. I use Kudos KS-1 speaker cable. The bass, especially, is superb. No downside at all. Highly recommended.

14 Likes

And so it should be - with Speakers of this size - and quality… :smiley:

My 606s replaced Spendor D7s which were a very good speaker at there price point. The 606s are the same height and depth but slightly wider but the bass is in a different league entirely.

3 Likes

Nah, the 300 is rubbish, absolute rubbish, absolute rubbish………am I hearing myself………………

2 Likes

:laughing::laughing::grimacing:

I was unimpressed with the 250 DR but then my dealer hooked up a 300DR.
Sale made!
Brilliant amp and difficult to beat at the price. ( even better with 252 rather than 282 )
If I don’t stop visiting this site I’m going to think about the speakers next.

3 Likes