4-5 pin DIN Superlumina

I use a Supercap to power my Superline. Can someone tell me if there exits a 4-5 pin DIN Superlumina interconnect that I could use between the Supercap and pre-amp?

Best regards

Hans

No I don’t think there is. You can get a Hi-Line in that configuration though.

1 Like

Hans,

I think some have the ChordMusic i/cable for this - but it’s very expensive.

3 Likes

I would think that it is worth asking Naim maybe through a dealer. Hopefully the SL connector has a 4 pin variant as they provide DIN to XLR which uses the same 4 pin DIN power supply output.

Phil

1 Like

I’m using the stock (Snaic?) cable from SuperLine to pre-amp, despite everything else being SuperLumina. I’ve not really figured out alternatives either.

1 Like

Using anything other than Naim cabling to carry power between their units is very, very, very naughty and discussion thereon is also very poor form :slight_smile:

Oh my gosh - THANK YOU SO MUCH! I shall be sure to have you preview all of my posts in the future to ensure they are not in “very poor form.” This is awesome - so glad you’re here.

I speak as someone who, in the past, has been moderated on the subject! It never occurred to me until then.

I use a SL interconnect for my Supercap to Snaxo - so yes it exists.

…I meant Supercap to Pre! (late edit)!

DB.

1 Like

I have zero third-party cables in the system; not my bag. (Well except for ethernet.)

Thanks. I have a HI-Line now.
Hans

There is no power being carried in this connection. The SC supplies the Superline. The SC connection to the pre-amp is signal only.

Hans

DB has confirmed that SL is available. Suggest you ask your dealer as it doesn’t seem to be included in the Super Lumina part of the price list. Looks like a special order…

How is your Superline?

I am puzzled. Surely you must be using a Burndie between the Supercap and Snaxo? Do you have an SL between the S1 and SC? This would, I assume, then be a 4-4 pin DIN rather than a 4-5 pin DIN?

Best regards

hans

From what DB says, it sounds like it may be available but probably a special order item. Naim make a Hi-line 4-5, so I guess the floating pin insert (assuming it’s the same) exists, thus making it possible.

I’m confusing the thread perhaps – is it the same 4/5 Snaic that the OP mentions (between Supercap and preamp) and that I’m mentioning (between SuperLine and preamp)??

Naim do not make a Super lumina Snaic, they tried but did not like the results.

1 Like

My Supercap is linked from my S1 Pre via this SL cable - then the Supercap uses a Burndy to the Snaxo - sorry if I confused!
I appended a correction to my previous post.

So in my system the only non-SL interconnect is the Burndy, as Naim to not make a SL Burndy.
But they do make SL interconnects for everything else, including the signal lead to the Supercap.

It was not special but certainly a new addition for Active users wanting more SL interconnects - probably only a few users like me. It came in proper box with all details so it was a formal product and not a special just for me.

DB.

Hi Bart - Hans powers his Superline with a Supercap so he has a Burndy taking power from the Supercap to the Superline (no need for the Snaic5). He then has a signal interconnect (4pin Din from the SC to 5pin Din into his preamp). He currently has a Hi-Line doing that job and wants to upgrade it to a Super Lumina 4pin to 5pin DIN.

1 Like