4-5 pin DIN Superlumina

Thanks - nice explanation. Makes perfect sense in retrospect; Burndy connection from Supercap to Superline of course carries power; w/o Supercap, my Snaic carries the power from the preamp.

1 Like

Hi Phil, it’s really very good indeed. Only just over a week in and seems to be improving all the time. Vinyl is currently 75% of my listening which tells me something.

The Burndy carries power and signal back to the power supply so the signal has to be taken to where it is next needed. If the SNAIC is from a pre then the signal is already returned, but if from a HiCap then an IC is needed.

The power supplies have 4pin DIN because they normally go to a power amp.

Hope it’s clear!

Phil

Just found and checked a Naim price list. The 4/4 DIN SL (active) cable you are using is in it as are the 4/5 DIN Hi-Line and Standard cables. However, there is no 4/5 DIN SL listed :frowning:

Hans

Which is why I initially said that I didn’t think it was available. However DB has, since, helpfully confirmed that Naim will supply one but by special order. I suspect not many people have them.

Best to phone your dealer and ask the question.

If I added more temporary confusion apologies! But it seems you now know what is available and not, so perhaps Naim can provide you a special SL cable - probably a number of other customers will also want one! :slightly_smiling_face:

DB.

Many years ago I asked my dealer, who spoke with Naim, as regards a 4-5 pin SL for my Superline. I was told that Naim has tried but that there were technical/sound issues. Maybe these have been resolved now for use with a Superline?

Most interesting! My dealer told me more than one time in the last years 4/5 DIN SL is not available due to engineering/sound reasons. So I’m surprised they do them, but don’t put them on the price-list. I wonder why.

When electronics were sorted, I auditioned Superlumina Cables in my system with addition of Chord Sarum or Chord Music 4/5 DIN. Comparing Superlumina near full loom to Chord Music full loom was an easy choice (not financially!!) for me towards Music Cables. Now I don’t know how I would have decided, if there would have been a 4/5 DIN SL available.

I would recommend to audition both cables, for the Chord Music Cables in an 500 series system with the Kudos Titan 808 just do it so wonderful for me.

1 Like

Yes, I have found that the Chord Music 4-5 pin DIN is very enjoyable in terms of music, detail and engagement and goes very well with the Superline.

I was 99% sure from previous exchanges with a highly reputable dealer and Forum advices that there wasn’t a SL solution for the S/Cap to Pre interconnect - which always appeared strange, hence dealer suggestions to go the Chord route.

…you learn something every day.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.