4.7 update, worth it to do for nds, ndx?

good to know. Personally i will stay with the 4.6, and 4.7 will be the nd555 …

1 Like

NO !!! … 4.6 & 4.7 are for NDS NDX etc., ND555 has a completely different firmware program

it was humor, Mike. The next update for me will be the nd555.

3 Likes

Maybe its a better joke in French

2 Likes

i am the only one to laugh, it happens. Should i see a psychiatrist ?
I am trying to have british humor…

2 Likes

Ah that might be a bit tricky. It takes 3 or 4 generations to get that bred into a person.

3 Likes

I understood you instantly FR

3 Likes

Perhaps you are not british ?

Born and bred in God’s own country Yorkshire, England

i am pleased to have been understood. Thanks

French humour is obviously too subtle for some of us Brits, I had to read it twice :rofl:

i am honored :grinning:

Updated my 272. First time I have ever done a Naim firmware upgrade. It all went smoothly and took less than 15 minutes.

FR, you just did self-deprecation. That is very British, you’re learning fast, mon ami!

1 Like

Hourra ! i got it a bit, i am on the right way! You are my teacher in this department.

2 Likes

Am I correct in thinking that 4.7 provides the same Tidal fixes etc as 4.6 but without the sonic changes that 4.6 brought thus allowing the 4.4 presentation to be retained with the Tidal changes, or has there been further tweaks to the functionality.

I also find the update process very simple and switched between 4.4 and 4.6 several times before settling back on 4.4.

ah, didn’t realise this thread exists! As I asked elsewhere, I’m keen to hear from folks who didn’t like the 4.6 upgrade (like me) but find 4.7 better? Thanks…

enjoy/ken

Hello, frenchrooster. Are you using ndx2 or NDS now?

Not if you want to listen to Tidal…

Hi Ken, there really hasn’t been any opinion expressed on SQ change. I personally don’t hear any difference with my NDX, but I remember NDX & NDS owners did have split opinions in the past.
My advise is if you have kept a copy of whatever firmware you currently have, give it a try, you can at least go back. I also note that Naim Support has firmware 4.4, 4.6 & 4.7 available