4.7 update, worth it to do for nds, ndx?

nds yes. why?

Thanks Mike…

I didn’t like the 4.6 upgrade on the NDS.
For me 4.7 sounds exact as 4.6.
I tried 4.7 and 4.6 again.
Now back to 4.4 which i like much more.

3 Likes

the sort of feedback I was after from someone (like me) who didn’t get on with 4.6. would be good to hear from someone who didn’t like 4.6 but now likes 4.7 (although theoretically, there shouldn’t be any SQ difference?)

many thanks gst.

enjoy/ken

nobody for now, for sound quality aspect only…

hmmm… gst has just reported that he didn’t like 4.7 SQ???
perhaps I misunderstand your post?

enjoy/ken

you asked: someone who didn’t liked the 4.6 but liked the 4.7.
GST didn’t liked 4.6 , 4.7 neither.

Or i missed something Ken?

no I dont think you missed anything -its me, and its Friday :slight_smile:
enjoy/ken

1 Like

I trialed 4.6 on my NDS a few weeks ago but after many changes back and forth reverted to 4.4. Since then I have made a few cable dressing changes which have been beneficial. I think It’s time to give 4.6 another go and also try 4.7.

i am very pleased with the 4.6, on my system. But i don’t think i will try the 4.7, not using tidal, radio or mp3…

That doesn’t make sense, concidering the thread subject, how do you know what 4.7 sounds like unless you try it?

because i trust my teacher…who uses the ndx…

will be interested in what you find after fresh cable dressing - In my case it ultimately didn’t make any difference. I so wanted 4.6 to work for me SQ-wise, because it good practice to keep up with firmware updates – but unfortunately it didn’t … ah well…
enjoy/ken

if someone reports that 4.7 improved the sound on ndx or nds, i will perhaps do it. For now i don’t want , it seems fastidious to me.
Some reported difficulties in doing the update, so for now it’s not a priority for me. The 4.6 update was fastidious already for me. ( the driver installation…) from memory.

I was just about to say why not update and see as at least the older streamers have the ability to be reverted to an older version without jumping through hoops with Naim support :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Did the upgrade to 4.7 on my UnitiLite using a Mac. The driver installation for the USB connection is not easy but once you get that figured out the actual upgrade is simple. I’ve gone from 4.6 to 4.7. BBC WS stream issues are resolved – had been unlistenable.

Thanks Naim! That you continue to support products long after sale is why I’ll remain a customer and helps me justify spending such money on a digital device that from another manufacturer would be obsolete in 3 years.

Welcome here TO_Vinyl! It’s good you got the firmware update to work ok. Enjoy the forum!
Best

David

1 Like

You don’t have to download and install the driver every time you do an update. Once it is installed, you can do all of the updates.

Welcome TO_Vinyl. Good to see you worked out the firmware update procedure. A bit daunting the first time, but as you noted, once figured out it’s straightforward enough. Once you’ve done it & now you have your Mac set up with the drivers & because it remembers your previous inputs, its even easier 2nd time around.

What was wrong with 4.6??? Installed perfectly sounds great and most importantly ‘multirooms’ seemlessly now with the Muso, Q, and Atom all of which updated themselves…