£4k speakers? What do people recommend listening to?

Can I suggest Isoacoustic Gaias here too?

3 Likes

Interesting… I was wondering about those. What’s your reasoning to suggest them?

My bouncy wooden floor has quite a bit of space beneath and behaved like a badly-designed subwoofer if the volume got enthusiastic. Firmly coupling (via spikes) to that was not ideal, but neither were the tiny rubbery feet that came in the B&W box. Gaias made a big difference.

My old Shahinians sat on big chunks of granite below their rubbery feet. That worked ok, but the Gaias are much more effective. However, some who have tried Gaias with the gadgets to pierce carpets didn’t like the result, so you will need to use your own ears in your own room to form any useful conclusion

3 Likes

Congrats! I had a feeling you’d like them. The new ones do require a little breaking in but it’s fairly quick as I recall. The odd(good) thing I found was about 6 months in they seemed to get even better. One day amazing, the next day amazing + 10%.

1 Like

I shall give them consideration once the new speakers are in and settled. Thanks for the thoughts!

2 Likes

Harbeth P3 ESR XD Speakers.

Maybe I am too late here!

Good to hear, I’m trying a pair with my nova next weekend.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.