Having upgraded the surrounds on my 5.1 system from B&W DM600s3 to Nautilus SCM1 (lovely improvement, by the way), I’m now wondering whether to use the 600s to soup up the system to 7.1.
- Mrs Ebor will be deeply unimpressed with ‘more bloody speakers in the sitting room’.
- The 600s probably won’t match well with the SCM1s, either sonically or aesthetically
- I’ll have to buy more cable and run it around the room (no option to chase it into the walls or underfloor, unfortunately)
- I’ve gone through my Blu rays and, aside from the 4K discs which are predominantly Atmos, I was surprised how many were ‘just’ 5.1
- My amp can do 7.1, so no expenditure needed beyond cable and time
- 7.1 will be 39% better than 5.1 (or will it?)
- All my Atmos discs will sound much better in 7.1 than 5.1 (or will they?)
I’m struggling to justify the outlay in time and energy. Thoughts?