500 series replacement?

Airstream caravan gasoline consumption : 25 liters per 100 km. Not really ecological, lol.

Are you coming down to the south coast Tim? if so you shall be most welcome to pop in. I’m not far from HH and the coffee is good :+1:t3: ATB Peter

1 Like

Yes, that’s a big part of the reason why I’m still considering a full Naim system.

True, and I thinking about a second power supply, but it’s a bit wired if I don’t have a naim system and using RCA for a ND555 with 2 power supplies right?

Yes very crazy lol

too bad non of the dealers have 500 series to do that here. I called every single naim dealer in the city. and they only have Muso ,Uniti , and superianit3, not even 200,300 series.

I don’t, I’m thinking about that because I visit naim forum very often since I got my naim streamer, also this is the best forum I have ever found, I love here.
To be honest this forum brings me a lot of desire and imaginations for the 500 and 552. Thanks for you advice.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

So a lot of crazy people in UK then. that’s a BIG percentage!

Thanks for fixing my word. Yes, it should be ‘‘in case’’

Agree, it’s an awful lot of money to spend. if I have a full naim system, I will still keep my mcintosh system, so I will have 2 house sounds.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I don’t know much about the fundamental design, but it’s been on the market for almost 2 decades, that’s an amazing number for technology for sure !

Yes, it’s very powerful, I don’t think I will use ever all these watts to enjoy listing.
Is it possible to hear a lot of PRAT just from the streamer ? or I will hear more from Mcinotsh more?
I asked my dealer this question, he said both , and a lot of his customers matched their naim streamer with mcintosh amps.

I am a big fan of strings. Cellos , violin, viola , guitars, piano, harp… etc.
I like my system a lot, Mac is a good match with Amati, and I heard Jadis is a magical match with Sonus faber as well.
Before I bought the ND555, I have demoed with other streamers to compare with Naim streamers. I A/B tested them for hours through my Amati and Mcinotsh system, HUGE difference, some are really airy , detailed , huge sound stage…and more. But Naim streamer presents all the different instruments like a full group togther. To me, that’s the spirit of music, so here i am.

Yes, that’s why I created this topic to ask for advice.

Yes I will need to buy all the cables and frame for naim if I get 500 552, that’s why it’s $100000, $40000 for 500, $40000 for 552, $20000 for the cables, frame etc.

If it will be in-box upgrades then it will be nice, I will not need to worry about being replaced.
I don’t know anything about changing or reined large toroidal transformers powering kit. Haven’t do my homework on that yet.

Thanks for sharing.

I’m not sure actually , I haven’t compare with full naim system yet.

haha yes, that’s kinda how I feel right now.
but the good thing is you had time.
So you have a 500 series now ?

I don’t think I can spend days away to experience at the moment,

Thanks for sharing.

That’s wroth a trip for sure, but I can’t leave the city for days at the moment.

We’re proud of our eccentrics, even though most don’t realise that they are!

A surprisingly large % all the same though. Such is the power of the brand. At least I test drove ours before deciding.

Best regards, BF

That’s a very kind offer.
Thank you Peter, I appreciate :+1:
Where do you located in West coast Canada?

Near Gibsons on the Sunshine Coast.

1 Like

For sure.

that’s cool I didn’t know that, I thought the only difference is the DR.

I will update my thoughts if I’m lucky enough to hear them.

Is that in Vancouver ?

1.5 hours each way including a 40 minute ferry ride

1 Like

I hear you.

YES, that’s definitely a problem.
So wired, such a successful company with many good products but no demo.
Thanks for posting out this situation !