504 Error when opening album booklet from Naim App

Anyone else getting a 504 error (gateway time out) error from the Naim App when trying to open the booklet for an album ?

Seems to have hit me today; I’ve done the usual restart of router, Nova, NAS, switch, but to no effect.

Doesn’t stop the album from playing so not a show stopper.

Yes I was getting the same error message last night. Haven’t tried today but I may just reinstall the app. to see if that makes a difference.

500 series errors, including 504 come from the server not the client. So the Naim app isn’t generating the error but a proxy between it and the end service it’s attempting to access.

If the album notes are stored locally (on a device in your home) it will be a local issue. If they are fetched from the internet then a gateway you have no control over is likely at fault. Results would likely vary between countries.

1 Like

I had the same thing last night on my Zen mk3. Server problem which I cured by reset on the server UPnP.

I get the error 504! Uniti Star with music stored on hardrive connected via Star’s USB.

Me too. I get this error code. I let Naim support know. I’m just waiting to hear back.

Me too! I assumed Rovi had died or something. Honestly not a great service anyway.

Hi Everyone,

We have been working with Rovi to get this fixed. It’s an intermittent issue where when a Rovi Search is done, it can fail to reply with an internal gateway timeout error.

Once Rovi have resolved the issue I will post an update.

Best regards

Steve Harris
Software Director

1 Like

I’ve suffered from the problem again. Some days information appears others no information.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.