505 Arrival

My Kudos Titan 505s arrived this morning. First observations. Overall soundstage is larger but listening more relaxed.

The first point is how the nuances are far more apparent so the change is not subtle if that’s not a contradiction. Bass is deeper but better defined, piano notes are far more authentic, guitars ring but don’t burn, and vocals are more expressive and breath more. Perhaps most though is the shift in dynamics when a drummer syncopates. And then the textures are far richer.

Peter played a little with positioning and they sit slightly closer to the wall than the S20s allowing a little more space for the music to express itself.

59 Likes

Looks great Lindsay…you must be chuffed👍

1 Like

Very nice, Lindsay, they look very classy.

Would be good to hear how the 505s’ SQ develops.

1 Like

Very nice - great speakers. Nice to see what a pair look like in a domestic setting rather than the usual show / brochure pics.

3 Likes

I do really like the look of Kudos - it’s the angled casing. Although I’m not thinking of a speaker change, I look forward to the day I’ll get to hear them!

Hi Lindsay, great speakers and good for them to be allowed good sidewalls distance, which they very much thrive from :+1:t3:.
I know it’s a bit of a strange thing to say, but I’ve got a real fobia about plants, which are crying out for some water and plant feed, would you mind… :face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy: Enjoy your new speakers Peter

3 Likes

Peter, yes I’m sorry about the plants but unfortunately I’ve spent a fair bit of time in hospital over the last 12 months and as a single liver I’m afraid they got neglected.

3 Likes

An observation. Occasionally with the S20s piano in the treble and electric guitar could sting a little, this I put down to either the 282 or the S20s rather than a source component. I’ve just played Stephen Osbourne’s excellent rendition of the Beethoven Moonlight and Pathetique and the problem no longer exists. And the timbres are superb. Let’s try Jeff Beck at Ronnie’s!

Regards,

Lindsay

2 Likes

The tweeter in the 505 is far smoother than that in the S20, which could explain your observation.

1 Like

Congratulations Lindsay. The 505s are one of my favourite Kudos speakers and look super in your room.
May they bring you many hours of musical delight.

Best regards, BF

2 Likes

Yes, I agree. They remind of this

I quite like the look and furthermore think the correct colour should be matt black.

1 Like

Great looking speakers, out of curiosity you choose stand mounts (505) rather than floor standing (606) any particular reason?

I think at some point I’ll have a look at the kudos range as I have a preference for a smoother sound and the words you use to describe some of the sounds (burning guitars) I can relate too…

Gary

1 Like

They fit in nicely, congrats

1 Like

I’ve heard both the 505 and 606 and both are really good but the 505s are just a better match for my, limited, listening space.

Regards,

Lindsay

Congratulations Lindsay - I liked the look of these as soon as they came out, sadly not available down under:(
Sorry Allan - they lookBlenheim_pic-11-560x400 more Blenheim to me :thinking:

3 Likes

Ask Derek perhaps he could do a camouflage version!

Makes sense re choice of 505’s - enjoy!
Gary

1 Like

Too late now - I have gone to Fynes! Enjoy!

1 Like

Fynes are a great speaker to.

Hi LindsayM,
can you tell me how big is your room to compare it to mine?
Many thanks