505 Arrival

mine are 2 weeks in now, they are really coming into thier own, they are everything I expected having heard them on a number of times

enjoy @LindsayM

2 Likes

@damy79 17’ x 9’ but I have to listen across the 9’.

1 Like

The speakers seem to fit your listening space.
enjoy.
incidentally,
Have you made a comparison between them and the HARBETH 5+ ?

Am I right in thinking that the stands are like early Fords - only available in black??

No I’ve only heard Harbeths at shows and not with Naim so no direct comparison.

Yes!

custom made ( and yes in black ) very very well made, internal wieghting for balast image

T505 are secured by 3 grub scews two and front and one at rear - feet can also be moved also

certainly feel they add to the speaker

2 Likes

As you would expect, as Kudos started out life making…err…speaker stands.

2 Likes

Been listening to a selection of classical CDs, Beethoven Eroica, Vivaldi, Scarlatti and whilst I know there’s a honeymoon period they simply are a stunningly good speaker.

Regards,

Lindsay

7 Likes

My 606 really came out after 6weeks of daily use. You’ll surely get better and better in the next weeks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mine are demos Damy although have been boxed for about 6 weeks.

1 Like

My recently acquired Shahinians were ex-demo, and certainly had some use, but they still took a while to open up. Bass extension in particular was really quite restricted at first and they took about a month to settle. I was quite surprised to find this, but it seems that if you leave a run in speaker unused in a box for a while it needs time to loosen up again before it sounds right.

1 Like

Difficult to tell from the pic, but are you using the Kudos KS-1 speaker cable, if not worth a try at some point.

1 Like

No I’ve tried different cables over the years and always felt they offered something slightly different but not to the point that I would switch from Odyssey. When/if(?) I move I can try Kudos because I might need different lengths.

Regards,

Lindsay

2 Likes

@LindsayM my 505 really came on song on Saturday when I played a number of albums - so 2 weeks in with them and the new cable, and as yours mine are ex demo

you are in for a real treat !!!

Congratulations, they look amazing, I’m a violinist so string has to be right for me, however I do listen to all sort of things like rock, Jazz and electronics etc, my spendor sounds great driven by supernait 3, I know there is no such thing is perfect system, from the articles I read and online demo compared to Focal and Paradigm it’s got good dynamic yet not too bright, so I got my eyes fixed on the 505 at the moment, enjoy it!
Andy

1 Like

@violinhead Andy hi, the timbres on strings, pianos and voices really are quite beguiling.

1 Like

I was lisening to Benjamine Clementine At Least for now at the weekend - the piano was exceltional

Hi Lindsay

Congrats on the new speakers, fabulous speakers and enjoying reading your thoughts on them. The Titans are something to aspire to.

I believe you had the S20s before? Out of curiosity do the 505s match the S20s in bass depth being a standmount?

The frequency response for the S20 is down to 30hz according to Kudos, whereas the 505 is marked down as 40hz.

I do like the clout I get from my C20s. It’s not the be all and end all, but sure makes music fun.

I’m sure the 505 has better defined and controlled bass and ultimately quality , but deeper than the S20s ?

Thanks

Rod

@roda Rod,

Thanks.

Definitely on vinyl deeper but overall it’s the increased definition and textures which is most obvious. On Flamenco Sketches by Miles Davis the opening bass part by Paul Chambers is a joy.

Regards,

Lindsay