552 Going in for a service... what should I get on loan?

So how old is the 552 and will it be DRed? Either way you might find it difficult to part with it!

Phil

Sorry to hear, hope you will soon be back in a better place…, I used a similar situation to concentrate more on music and upgraded as a result…

I’d certainly be interested to hear your thoughts if you do go the 272 route. I’m thinking of heading back up the ladder a bit and am going to try the NDX2 with 272 as pre into 250DR.

Perhaps the 272 (pre) as just a stop-gap.

It’s a funny old game this…,

G

Thanks for the replies everyone. I’ll get to addressing some of them specifically when I have some time… for now…

I decided to trial the SN2 first… as my vision for a down grade was to really simplify and go for a minimal box set up (and no burndies). So that’s my starting point.

At the moment the SN2 is installed and being fed by my Ndx 2 and Rega RP 10 / Superline (Supecapped) into Focal Sopra 2’s.

Both sources sound great.

I’ll give this a listen for a week and then will try the 272 into my 300 DR.

Lots of options to contemplate. Including… as HH suggested… whether I will ultimately decide to part with the 552.

We shall see!

1 Like

no way, Richard! how about a Nait 3 and a Nait 5, swapped according to mood?

1 Like

The 552 has been serviced… they had to replace the “output relay”.

I won’t be able to collect the pre until next week as I’m out of country on business. Curious to see how it sounds by way of comparison having gotten accustomed to a Supernait 2 for the past few weeks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.