555ps x 2 or 555ps dr x 1?

As per image my analogue 555PS supply is at the top of my brawn stack, as it likes some fresh air around it :sweat_smile: ATB Peter

9 Likes

Thanks PeterRā€¦

And thanks for the picturesā€¦

It goes without sayingā€¦. you have a superb system.

I have just purchased a second 555psā€¦.this one is DRā€¦
So looking forward to plugging in after work and hopefully being delighted with my purchase?

2 Likes

It is a fabulous upgrade so there will be nothing not to enjoy :partying_face: Get those tunes going Peter

1 Like

@Wenger2015 Well? :thinking:

Probably still speechless with the improvement ! :sweat_smile:

But hopefully at least his hands are still working :wink: ATB Peter

Unfortunately due to work commitments I have been working 24/7 ā€¦ā€¦but hopefully tonight is the night :crossed_fingers:ā€¦

4 Likes

Ace ! :+1:

1 Like

ā€¦.in your own time! :joy:

3 Likes

No doubt there will be the usual run in time for the 555drā€¦.

So I am not expecting too much to soonā€¦

1 Like

Well Wenger, if you canā€™t tell a difference straight off, Iā€™ll eat my gardening hat and I tell you, thatā€™ll take more than a few glasses of vino to get down. :flushed::wine_glass: Best Peter

2 Likes

There should be a very noticeable difference from the off. Wider soundstage for one, as I recall.

2 Likes

What i have always found with burn in is, that you should get an uplift from the off, but this only lasts a day or so and then it can go through many ups and downs before it returns to the first switch on point.
As i say no uplift from the off then its not going to happen or you canā€™t here it, for whatever reason, after that you will fool yourself its better, because it must be right.

2 Likes

After all I have read about using 2 x 555psā€¦ā€¦,
Wellā€¦ā€¦ Iā€™m not usually lost for wordsā€¦

2 Likes

Erhmā€¦ā€¦ is it safe to say, that itā€™s that good from the off? I need cheering up so please expand a bit :pray: Best Peter

1 Like

Absolutely remarkableā€¦.

Having not had the opportunity to demo the 2 x 555psā€¦(1x 555dr)ā€¦

You can only go on what has been written and various contributions on the forum ā€¦.

So I always like to keep my expectations in checkā€¦.be realisticā€¦.and when oneā€™s system is already sounding extremely good itā€™s difficult to imagine how it might sound even betterā€¦

Safe to say the dr555ps is stayingā€¦.

Earlier in the thread the comment was made ā€˜ worth the bucks and not going backā€™ ā€¦. that sums it up perfectly

3 Likes

No need to eat your hat :grin:

1 Like

Great news Wenger, tried to send you a private message, but that seemed to go a bit askew somehow :crazy_face: Just you enjoy now, all I can think of is that it more of everything. Best Peter

PS. feel free to contact if you got my email still :+1:t3: Not terribly techie me, doh!

1 Like

I noticed the message and within seconds it was goneā€¦.?

Iā€™ll email Richard :+1:t3: