808 inbound

Very nice.

Got the 606s, so enjoy the 808s

Another happy 606 listener here. I’m sure the 808’s will be out of this world.

1 Like

Certainly looking forwards to hearing them.

Also to the owners off them, are they wired internally all the same, with the same cable? It was chord to start with now kudos own cable, or is that the same, just under kudos name now

I understand they’re wired internally with the Kudos cable. Whether this is the same as Chord, but rebranded, I don’t know.

I’m using SL cables with mine, but I do wonder if there’s anything to be gained in terms of synergy by swapping to KS-1, aside from putting a few £££ in the bank, of course.

No it is new cabling made to their spec…….hope you have room to store the boxes, they are huge😁

3 Likes

I could just get them through my loft hatch, by moving the ladder to a vertical position and moving the hatch to beyond vertical!

2 Likes

So have they always been the same since production or has it changed and if so any idea when.

My wife nearly had a fit when I started bringing boxes 3&4 inside, she thought the first 2 was all of them. :joy:

They will probably be easier than the pmc fact boxes to get in the loft, as they are very long and deap

They changed because Chord kept changing the spec of their cable. It will be easy enough to check with Kudos, they are quite responsive on emails.
I use KS-1 with mine and it’s a lovely cable if a little underwhelming visually. Don’t let the price of it put you off, it punches well above its cost, which is lucky as I’ve got 3 pairs in my active system!!!

2 Likes

They are like 4 washing machines :joy:

8 Likes

They do look big boxes, will have to see if they go through or not

1 Like

Give the guys at kudos a call, it changed a while back, Derek and the guys are very helpful.

I was wondering and trying to build up my knowledge on them, not really bothered what little bits off cable are in the ones i am getting as can easy change them if i do wish, as these are probably chord ones i expect.

What did shock me about the kudos range was the huge discount you can get on them new and the secondhand deal i have been offered is simply wonderful.
If these 808’s blow my pmc’s away it will be by far thd cheapest upgrade i have had for many years

1 Like

How cheap is cheap? :blush:

When I got my Kudos 606s, I was actually looking at other cheaper options, as I thought the Kudos were out of my budget. My dealer suggested I try the Kudos as he could do a me a deal if I liked them.

I did, and the deal he offered was too good to turn down. I was very surprised as this was the largest % discount I have ever been offered in Hifi.

Nevertheless, very happy with the 606s thus far, and hope you like the 808s!

How cheap?

Well i was offered full retail back on my fact 12’s if i went for new ones and even then a nice discount on the 808’s which ment £11.5 to pay, this is as i say for a brand new pair.
The secondhand ones i am looking at getting, once again been offered a fantastic trade in deal, and less than a 3rd extra to pay, i think thats a great deal.
But it does make me think that trade in on the 808’s at 2 years old means you have lost over 50% off there original price, as the dealer needs to make something on them.

3 Likes

I haven’t succeeded in getting them through the loft hole yet :slight_smile:

Hopefully the most challenging part, the loft hatch.

Mine are in the garage. No chance of fitting through the loft hatch (much like their owner😂).

3 Likes