A better Naim headphone amplifier, please!

@nhalliwell
The V200 is very seductive. It has the energy and detail of the Headline2 and Supercap2, but enhances it…instruments and voices are layered and presented superbly. I can listen for much longer - whereas the HL2, after an hour I needed a break.

My headphone listening has certainly increased since the V200 :slight_smile:

That’s one thing that always made me question Naim’s credibility. To me asking $6000 for an SN3 with a very mediocre headphone output is like asking $80,000 for a BMW with vinyl seats.
Doesn’t make sense to me, especially considering what a huge market share headphones account for. Do Naim not have the engineering chops to pull off a decent headphone amp? C’mon.

1 Like

True but the SN3 doesn’t have a mediocre headphone amp.

It’s not up to the standard of some dedicated units like a HL2/HCdr or third party offerings, but those all cost in excess of $2000. You’d be miffed if 30% of the cost of a SN3 was the headphone amp at the expense of it’s primary functions.

1 Like

I went HL/“Hi’Cap” to HL/SC (non-DR) to V281 and the Violectric is much better to me. I can’t comment on the difference between V200 -> V281.

Oh yes! I’m listening to loads now that I have headphones, plus Qobuz.

1 Like

I think Tesla now call this ‘Vegan Leather’ a very desirable option I’m led to believe! :smile:

George.

1 Like

Same path for me, excepting the 281, but the longer I listen via the V200, the better it gets. Superb little amp.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.