A 'crime' help is required

Depending on your location, a preloved ND5 might be available instantly!

As I said, my dealer expects the delivery after the Second Coming. So, if the expected delivery could be 18 week, that means I might find another dealer.

Preloved means used – and for this you don’t need to wait until the Second Coming…

I suggest you make contact with @Naim.Marketing as she suggested above. The 18 weeks passed in May so you really should have it by now.

Indeed, looks like my reading skills degraded a bit due to the obsession :slight_smile:
Actualy, on the second hand market around me there is no good streamers at all. I scan these sites several times a week.

1 Like

Where are you based?

Belarus.

A pity it’s not the EU – there were a number of used ND5s available in the usual place. I guess importing from the EU is a bit of the pain – customs etc.

1 Like

Exactly! Thanks for the help!

Have you contacted Naim yet to see where it’s got to? They can help if they know the details, such as which dealer it’s in order with.

Yes, I have. Looks like I should wait a season or two :slight_smile:

My dealer phoned me yesterday evening to say he had spoken to Naim and they are unable to fulfil orders at this moment in time as they don’t have the necessary components, so no idea when or if it will ever arrive. It appears I have not been lost in the system as the ND5XS2 appears on his list of outstanding items month after month.
Time to think of plan B, don’t anybody mention Auralic as it appears they have the same problem and plan to re-design product for release next year.

1 Like

I’d be searching the pre owned markets

1 Like

IF you can source the Altair you will love it. Well worth investigating. Just set it to fixed volume.

Altair is cheaper and contains hell knows how many functions. I’m a bit worried about such things because I believe that the single purpose device will outperform the multipurpose given the price is about the same. Actually, I don’t need any xlr, preamp, ability to drive external cd, recorder, to rip disks, nas, etc. So, I’d tell that I pay for less of the half of the device. That are my doubts about Altair.
Almost the same is about Aurender A100, but this guy is even pricier than the nd5xs2.

However, if there is no nd5 for me, say, in the very next several months, I’ll commit some crime(by crime I mean bying either Auralic or Aurender)

1 Like

I suspect your misgivings are unjustified, but this is a Naim forum and not IMHO an appropriate place to discuss details of Auralic gear. Why not post about your concerns on the Auralic forum? Whilst not as active as this one, it is generally a friendly place and there is one very frequent poster who runs an Altair G1 into a Naim amp (202/200, I think). He is not the only one to have an Auralic/Naim setup either.

Roger

@Pauel can you clarify whether a unit has actually been ordered from Naim, or whether you’ve just enquired?

I’d suggest unless you’ve actually made a commitment and put an order in through an authorised dealer, this is just a case of sour grapes and airing your dirty laundry to complain about something which is not uniquely effecting Naim but practically all types of manufacturing today and not just those relying on electronics and components.
I think Naim and their representatives on this community forum have been clear and honest in their inputs and guidance, even going so far to share lead times and anticipated availability volumes, I doubt very much if that isn’t also the case for other HiFi equipment suppliers and those supplying similar products in reality.
Naim like any other company are doing everything possible to meet demand and ensure continuity of their business despite unheard of challenges in supply chain, manufacturing and distribution.
18 weeks from order to fulfilment is a cycle I can only dream of in relation to the products my employer builds and ships and to their credit, Naim are still building products as components are available and meeting orders.
Perhaps rather than looking for a non existent quick fix by looking for alternatives, just put a deposit against an ND5 XS2 and enjoy the wait through the Summer months.

1 Like

I did in May.

Interesting question. I called the same dealer who sold me 5si in May and ordered nd5. Unfortunately, I don’t know the details of the order itself as it was a phone call. I haven’t made any advance payment if you’re interested.
After two months of silence from them, I started looking for other dealers and they told me “never”.
So, I’m going to clarify the state of my order. After that to either wait for the fulfillment or to withdraw after X month and commit a ''crime".