A&k sp3000

Hugo 2 cum 2go — even a tad bulkier but it works a treat. :grinning:

DAP isn’t a phone or iPad, it doesn’t need constantly updates , it needs to work properly and play the music…

Best deal on portable audio for iphone:)

I’ve always want one of their players but (A) they’re extremely expensive here and (B) it’s hard to keep up with their ever changing model line up. Every time I look there’s a new model with new features making the one you bought last week redundant.

2 Likes

Yes but it’s still held together by an older version of Android.
Once the proprietary apps like Tidal and Spotify cease to function at that android version then I am guessing that the unit will only be good for music stored on its 256gb internal storage or whatever else you have on the mirco SD within.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about that but of course, everything might happen within years.
Anyway, I think those DAPs are worth it to audition, especially if you are looking for that kind of solution.

Can’t agree on best components from my experience they have archaic Wi-Fi chips and poor antennas in most of the range. The alpha I had couldn’t maintain a decent connection at all when every other Wi-Fi device in my house works and can stream DSD. The battery on the Alpha also was no where near as good as they claim. If you want a very good dap just buy the Fiio M11.

Well i can’t speak for Fiio as I didn’t listen it but I presume it’s a great DAP, however I’m “A&K guy” ;-). Most of the time, during the listening sessions the screen and WiFi are off.

A couple of years ago I bought an A&K Kann which I thought was very good until an over-the-air firmware update bricked it. Luckily I was able to return it to Amazon, as the support from A&K was non-existent. I bought a Fiio M11 instead and have been very happy with that.

Peter

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.