A moot point regarding NSC222?

The press said about the D9

Midrange is intimite, affecting, direct and communicative. That the vocals is a captivating listen that makes you sit down to listen to one song and end up listening to a whole album.

That they have a natural and expressive mid band. That they “underpin vocals and instruments with unforced sense of musical shape and context”

That the tweeter is so well integrated with the mid band it doesn’t seem like a separate entity

That the D9 are one of the most “effortlessly accomplished speakers” they have ever used.

Sources are hifi choice and hifi+

This makes me believe that there is either a very big difference between D7 and D9 or the people writing about the D7 hard or harsh mid band doesn’t have the right synergy with surrounding electronics or room issues.

1 Like

It’s substantially better and absolutely fab with my LP12. Luckily 252/SupercapDR’s are rare where I live so it was a lot easier on the pocket book.

I have the D7.2’s. I thought I had made a huge mistake as they were fatiguing until they broke-in. It took about 3 months. Absolutely spectacular but very revealing.

A moot point might be that the NSC222 with and without the power supply got a great rap in this month’s Stereophile mag.

High praise when combined with the new 250.

1 Like

Do you als have a 300NPX connected to the 222?

I have recently upgraded from 222/300/250 to 222/300/350 and I agree that the 350’s are a huge step forward.
When I traded in my old naim set incl 272/300dr for the 222/300/250 combination I missed the bass power. The 250nc is a nice amp and has a clearer/brighter sound than the 300dr, but the 350’s combine the best of these 2 amps.

1 Like

From a 272/555PS/300DR combo I upgraded to the NC222. Rest unchanged. Wondering whether the improvements in SQ would justify the large expense of trading the 300DR for the 350s.

How did you find the change to the 222?

The.comparison 300dr vs 350 is night and day. I have had the 250nc and I liked the sound more than the 300dr. The sound was brighter/clearer. I have recently upgraded from 250nc to 350 becauae I wanted more power and bass control. In my opinion the 350 is the ultimate amp, also in combination with the NSC 222.

5 Likes

No… No power supply. I figured benefit/cost was far superior with the 350s than the 300. I am sure one day, after I succumb to the 332&333 upgrade. I will get the power supplies.

You’re not helping Daan, at all. Where am I supposed to find the money for the 350s? :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.