A New App

Lucky you!

Previous post with Naim info said it’s not a new app as such, just updated to incorp the new Focal devices.
Once you’ve gone thru the new install video stuff which is only shown once, it’s as it was before.

Not a fan of the videos at startup hope they are a one off. Rather tacky IMO

2 Likes

Yes they are a one off …

1 Like

Damn…I didn’t even get the video. The “Connect” seems better though.

1 Like

See here:

If members have any feedback to give - i.e. you experience any issues or feel something could do with improvement, then please give constructive comment on the sticky thread linked here in this post as this is the thread that the App development team will be looking in on from time to time. Thanks.

1 Like

You’re not missing anything. I don’t think they do either brand any favours

1 Like

Neither did I.

Probably only for the well heeled IOS forum members! Not us paupers…

(Android user here).

2 Likes

New app update installed. After skipping the adverts the app is as it was before. Unfortunately it now says Focal and Naim!

2 Likes

If you prefer a “Naim universe” then you can swipe to select Naim in the homepage.

2 Likes

Oh, missed the swipe instructions.

My install defaulted to the Naim screen.

Forgot to mention I do like the actual picture of the product on the home screen I think that’s smart especially if you have multiple Units can imagine that looks good.

1 Like

My screen now.

1 Like

How?? To Naim Universe??

Hi @sonwleo, more of our data? Can you expand as I always try and eliminate my data being taken.

@Richard.Dane just reported the first gremlin as requested. I think it was a pity that the app didn’t pass by the beta group; but heyho maybe the beta group is no longer required!
In the meantime I shall hold off updating two other iOS control points.

2 Likes

Far from it - the Beta group is very important. I guess the team felt that as the actual underlying app was not changed then a beta trial was not necessary until more underlying changes are made?

I agree it looks smart, but having multiple it can actually create an inconvenience (at least on mobile) see my post in the other thread.

And having named them after the rooms they’re in, I can actually remember which I have in which room so it’s not that useful. It’s more for aesthetics that this was implemented I imagine.

1 Like

Richard, good to hear. I know the team work hard and have said so directy on more than one occasion, but I have noticed two issues already, the second of which I think, is a change to Tidal display.

If I am not mistaken, it may cause some angst until it is understood that each Naim user needs to select in Tidal / settings, their display preference again. I noticed, so with more than one control point, had a point of reference for the different display.

I had to accept a new policy on the new app.

1 Like