A New App

New App installed overnight on my iPhone SE2, and so far so good, but then I’m only streaming local files.

I must say it is awful being spammed by a brand like Focal when I don’t own a single product from them and never will. I cannot think of any other company doing it like this. If they must merge these companies I could at least have the option to remove everything Focal from desktop icons and inside app branding. My feeling for naim is that they are eaten by Focal. I don’t feel as proud of naim as before due to this co-branding with a speaker brand I dislike. This co-branding is company driven, not customer driven and those brands succeeding best is always customer driven. All these things sums up in the connection with a brand and sorry to say it but the feelings for naim is slowly washed out due to this merging with a crappy speaker brand. Maybe time to jump another boat. A boat that cares immensely about its own brand and its customers and doesn’t have to compromise in the middle of two brands ideas about what to do and don’t.

Screen print 2022-10-05 kl. 08.35.40

8 Likes

All the moving images and stuff at the beginning is, um, unfortunate.

4 Likes

My Android mobile updated to the new app overnight, can I rename the app icon to Naim ?

Also I agree on the opening splash screen can this be removed!

Yes it’s a poor marketing decision to put it mildly and further dilution of the brand unfortunately. The large FOCAL and the more diminutive naim branding on the icon is perhaps indicative. I’ve updated my iPad but not my iPhone, I couldn’t stand looking at that icon every time I open my phone!

5 Likes

Indeed. I only see Focal when finding the app. Horrible. Is there a way to go back to the prior version? I had automatic updates on on my macbook…

2 Likes

My vote for app goes to innuos2-0-sense-app. :innocent: :innocent:

1 Like

Until they are bought by e.g Samsung?

1 Like

Tried that, impossible on an iPad in Europe.

Is there any way to get my Qobuz playlists and albums sorted alphabetically now?

I would rather have this functionality rather than pointless pictures of my units - I already know what they look like.

1 Like

It should be self evident where this is heading. It’s classic marketing spin to position Focal and the Naim brand will be further sidelined until it is completing absorbed into Focal.

2 Likes

I doubt it will come to that in the forseeable future, Naim is too strong a brand in the UK. It’s been clear for a while that Focal are prepared to use Naim to push their brand in the UK and other markets where Naim is well established, and this has not always been to Naim’s advantage.

1 Like

Can’t suggest how to restore.

I posted a comment about Tidal playlists on the New Focal & Naim App after @Richard.Dane at post 137 above, asked for comments / issues to be posted on that thread, rather than this one.

Briefly - Tidal appears to default on version 6.0 to “Home” screen when selected - which may be a change since I was initially puzzled that “My Playlists” were not displayed - when I altered the settings in Tidal / “My Collection” it displayed as expected; Qubuz appears to display ok and as previously set -

hope that helps.

I think the adoption might be a bit slower in the UK, but the shift to Focal Powered by Naim and change in the international distributors is a pretty strong indicator of changes afoot.

2 Likes

I think some people are reading far too much into what really is just marketing, Naim is an established brand with world wide recognition I can’t imagine anyone really putting that at risk.

3 Likes

Can’t you Pete? What if naim didn’t have a choice? (I fancy they didn’t)

2 Likes

Did you have Time Machine running?

@Richard.Dane @Pete_the_painter
Pete as the OP, perhaps after Richard’s post at #137, you and Richard might consider closing this thread, since there are now similar issues being raised on both threads (Tidal playlist issue).

1 Like

Yes, a good idea S-H. A reminder to all that any feedback for the software team specific to the new app should be posted here: