A "sneak peek" at The Beatles' "Get Back" (2021)

27 Likes

Brilliant that, Kev … nice one.

1 Like

Brilliant… I didn’t know about the film. I love those Kodachrome like colours… boy I miss them in modern film production… I wonder if he is shooting on Kodachrome for new material… that would be great… also love the 60s recording equipment… and clearly Paul M still had a great voice.

1 Like

Superb!

1 Like

Thanks Kev. Looking forward to seeing this.

1 Like

Really excellent Kev, nice to see a positive spin on what has largely has been reported as a negative phase for the band.

2 Likes

A two hour film from 56 hrs of footage. That is a challenge.

A surprising amount of energy & apparent happiness here, from the Fab Four - from what have historically been reported as very tense, even angry sessions…? What do we know…?? :thinking:

2 Likes

Fantastic!

I didn’t know about the film either. Something to look forward to if we all make it through the next few months (fingers crossed).

Wonderful quality edits here - let’s hope the film itself is just as good and that some of the other ‘new’ footage is released as well. If it’s all as good as this then 2 hours is not enough!

1 Like

I’ve been awaiting this for awhile, can’t wait.

Great sampler. Great news it’s on its way some time next year.

1 Like

Nice one @TheKevster, I was just coming on to post the same clip. This is going to be fun and a complete contrast to how those involved historically perceived the sessions. Plus of course how Michael Lindsay Hogg chose to edit the original film.

1 Like

Looks great doesn’t it. I can’t wait for the release and am intrigued with what they may come up with for the Giles Martin re-issue/re-mix of the album

2 Likes

No more than any normal documentary really. It’s what we editors are paid to do after all.

1 Like

Just wonderful - there was a time when this would have been on the TV at Christmas.

Heart breaking to see the footage of what a good time they’re having and to think months later it’s all over.

4 Likes

Quite emotional watching this in these grim times. For those of us who play in bands (I imagine there are many on this forum) it brought home how much I’m currently missing rehearsing/recording/gigging.

3 Likes

Yes I agree. Something to look forward to but I couldn’t escape the sadness while watching it.

3 Likes

Sad to think that of the people from that clip, John Lennon, George Harrison, George Martin, Maureen Starkey, Linda McCartney, Neil Aspinall, Mal Evans and Billy Preston are all no longer with us…

7 Likes

Mal Evans - that was a tragedy.

3 Likes

Wow that does look and sound so good - bring it on.

1 Like

The work of Magic Alex no doubt.

3 Likes