Accessibility of the Naim app on IOs

From an end user perspective, even if the buttons were clearly labelled, and may be a heading or 2, to help jump from say the sources to a selected album that would be a start. How you get around the dynamic nature of the app I wouldn’t know.

1 Like

You are completely right, but I think the app is already almost there. As Ian says, an effort to label buttons and the addition of Headings to aid navigation will be a vast improvement, and a look to see if the swiping order is correct on certain screens will make it less confusing to understand the layout.

I certainly don’t want to discourage the developers by suggesting the task is bigger than it is, but at the same time, don’t want to bring up another issue out of the blue, when the accessibility changes have been completed.

The Voice Ober screen reader does almost all the heavy lifting, and I guess that I was just trying to outline how a blind user can so easily move around a standard application with some small accessibility adjustments, and doesn’t need absolutely everything read every time! . I am really hoping no changes to the architecture or functionality will be needed!

Since I took delivery of my Star a couple of weeks ago, the experience has been first class, and I think the app accessibility just needs polishing, rather than re-forging!

1 Like

This is, of course, super important. I definitely did not want to suggest it is not. Simply that the more bite sized the changes are the more chance there are of seeing them sooner rather than later.

And I am a sighted developer with a focus on accessibility which means that your experience and usage of the screen readers is always going to be vastly superior to my own. So when it comes to what should be fixed technically and in terms of usability I will simply sit back and learn from you! And I will take those pointers into my day job as well!

1 Like

Have sent my email in @Richard.Dane thank you.

I am of the mind that as I stated earlier voiceover does not equal accessibility but also that accessibility should not be a separate item beyond the odd thread like this. That’s because discussions on access need to always be held in the context of other discussions on app usage and also because there is much to be learnt from those who have access needs; those who don’t have access needs and those who think they don’t but then find they do for the first time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.