Acoustic albums

Kurt Kobain gives an incredible performance on MTV unplugged after being told if he didn’t go on MTV would black ball the bands videos.
Paul Weller also is at his best I saw him on this solo tour just him and an acoustic fantastic.

2 Likes

A Cappella - Todd Rundgren.

Not sure if it’s really accoustic, but all the sounds are produced from sampling Todds voice.

2 Likes

Christina Pluhar - Arpeggiata - Los Pajaros Perdidos - The South American project.

South American/Spanish/Baroque Themed Fusion

A bit different from other suggestions but this guy is superb.

3 Likes

One to test the system on, one to play after a difficult day…

Pat Metheny ‘What’s It All About’

Metheny

6 Likes

Hell Freezes Over - agreed is a great album, but its not acoustic, far from it, most all the tracks are electric instruments. I’m guessing you mean live albums, live performances of what was originally a studio album…

Nice album, thanks!
But quite disappointing in respect of sound quality…

Apologies for quality of the sleeve. Another vote for RT (see above).

2 Likes

Really? I must be getting something wrong. Sounds fine to me.

image https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Golden_Earring_-_The_Naked_Truth.jpg

1 Like

Rickie Lee Jones - Naked Songs (Live and Acoustic) is a firm favourite. I couldn’t find the FULL ALBUM, so just click for the other tracks.

3 Likes

Wonderful debut album from Quest Ensemble - Footfall. They have lifted my spirits each time I’ve seen them over the last 5 years. The follow up is due early next year.

The Bombay Bicycle Club album Flaws is a really good acoustic album.
On a differant note we went to see Amy Macdonald concert that was cutback to , 2 acoustic guitars,piano, violin ,cello and double bass. Great concert

These three aren’t bad when it comes to acoustic guitar.

4 Likes

The greater part of Bert Jansch’s first album was recorded when he was 20, now, he really did sign a deal with the devil at the crossroads!

Chris

How about Acoustic Hits by The Cure?

It was a second disc in a two-disc version of their Greatest Hits package. I have no idea whether it’s available from any sources - streaming or to purchase.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.