Acoustica Hifi Show

The Acoustica Hifi Show at the Double Tree Hilton Chéster on the 12/13th of this month looks like it might be a very good event.

Two great looking set ups planned by Naim and Kudos. They are as follows:

Naim :
ND555
Full Statement
B&W 804 d4

Kudos :
ND555
S1/500
Titán 800

There will also be the two Chord companies, SME and Classe there.

2 Likes

Interesting that Naim chose the B&W speakers over their own Focals. Happy to see that but wonder how that’s determined?

1 Like

It likely wouldn’t be Naim’s choice but one made by Acoustica. They will want to showcase as many of their main brands as possible.

3 Likes

Sounds like a good demo to attend.

1 Like

Considering I have the 802D4’s, the pairing is going to sound incredible!

1 Like

I’ll probably drive over on the Saturday, as much to have a coffee and a chat with Cheeky Pete as anything else.

1 Like

Best forget to take your wallet then.

4 Likes

I don’t understand the choice of full Naim Statements into the BW 804 D4 . BW 800, 801 , more.
I reminds me a Naim system in Paris Audio show in 2005: CD555 , 552/500, Naim Arriva.

2 Likes

I don’t recall Arivas being used on such a system at the Paris show.

It was the first time the Cd555 was shown in Paris. The floorstanders were little, costing around 2/3 k . Quite sure they were Ariva.

1 Like

IIRC they were Allaes.

2 Likes

Booked in for Saturday. Any idea what time it kicks off? Usually 10 I think?

1 Like

It’s 10.00 till 17.00, both days, though I’ll probably call in at the shop first, to see Pete for a coffee.

2 Likes

I’m not sure who they’re aimed at, but the spec of these systems are out of reach of most folks.

I’ll be busy cutting my toenails that weekend…

3 Likes

It’s been a pleasant event whenever I’ve attended, but the North West show proved so expensive for me last June, I think I’ll give Acoustica a miss this year.

Roger

If anyone attends and sees / hears kudos t 606 please (if even at the show) report back your impressions. Also ask kudos about any new finishes for their speakers (I was told to watch for an announcement on that front - hopefully sooner than a 272 replacement)

1 Like

just a quick update, I just looked at the kudos web-site and they have updated the finishes available. The tineo is gone but the new “liquid amber” is a lighter wood with a similar large grain. Also appears that both glossy finishes are now available (they didn’t show actual samples before).Now if only some dealers would open in this area.

The walnut looks very nice……
David

Rather pleased they are putting on a personal dem just for me :rofl:. If anybody wants to say hello I will probably be in that room for quite a while on Saturday :blush: Will probably also have a listen to the full statement and B&Ws - may be the first B&W speakers I actually like! Rather pleased they aren’t using focals this time - never heard statement other than into focals

No doubt I will be tempted to buy a few cds and lps too

I would be very surprised if there aren’t many lower priced systems in various other rooms, too, though I haven’t seen a full list of exhibitors

1 Like

Have that on my 808s. It is very nice albeit quite “safe”