Add a nDac or a WH Morgana next?

Here is a strange question, I fully understand is comparing apples to pears.
What would bring the bigger improvement to my system in your opinion? Add a WitchHat Morgana source cable to connect my ND5XS2 to my SN3 or add an nDAC to my ND5XS2?

Boxes over cables every time. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Adding a nDAC to your ND5XS2 is a nice upgrade IMHO (I’m biased)!

1 Like

The bigger improvement ?
If you really like what the two devices are doing in your system, the cable could be all you need to polish it further.
Adding the Ndac could get Merlins beard in a twist.

2 Likes

Agreed. Why do you need the dac?

1 Like

Initially, I would buy the cable from somewhere that I could return it to, if it didn’t improve the sound enough.
Then, whether I kept the cable or not, I’d pick up an nDac. They can be had for 1k; I’d just wait a little longer to get the nDac if I did keep the cable. I had read many very positive posts from members on the nDac being added to a variety of Naim, and other, equipment.
You need both eventually if you want the best sound from your gear. However, I don’t know what the Morgana sounds like. I have a Hi-line.

2 Likes

Get a vertere DFI for interconnect

I put my beloved ndac into my second system ND5XS/112/150/FC2 when it became reduntant in the main (NDS purchase). It will never leave :slight_smile: i dont know those cables but i doubt they could compete with the refinement in sound the ndac will bring. and now it seems my ND555 maybe heading back to HQ so the ndac will re-emerge to save the day and keep the music flowing while its away.

3 Likes

If it was a choice between Ndac for Ndx2 or better cable , both choices can be considered and give different results, not always better.
But Ndac on Nd5xs2 is without doubt a real uplift.

2 Likes

c. Trade the ND5XS2 for an NDX2 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Haha, never say never but I don’t particularly like the screen and certainly don’t USE it as it doesn’t display any useful information in my opinion.
I would say the ND5XS2 / nDAC combination suits my wallet and taste much better. Pity it is two boxes instead of one but I accept that given the price difference :smiley:

3 Likes

and theres room futures improvements further down the road should the bug return. I had a 555PSDR attached to my ndac when it was in my main system and found it quite stunning :wink: sure its a three box solution you certainly didnt bank on when you started down this path but boy! the sound it makes!

2 Likes

In my experience of owning a couple of ndac’s I found it really only came innto its own with an XPS.

G

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.