Added NAC 252

I’ve been a Naim convert for 22 years. But just added a NAC252 and SuperCap DR to my Core, NDAC, XPS, NAP250DR, SL speaker cables and ProAc Response 2.5s. The difference is as if someone “unplugged the pipes”. Just stunning. All of my music sounds more natural, more complete, effortless, natural and better. I’ve arrived at this system incrementally, and it never ceases to amaze that every increment just “works”. Thank you Naim Wizards of Salisbury!

16 Likes

Super addition - the 252 is sublime - and a great set up! Enjoy it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Result - now start a discussion reference the 552 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I really like what my 252 bought to the show, replacing a 282. Get ready for the debate about how the 282 is better value, or just better than the 252. Or how you really should just skip the 252 and go to the 552. Personally I think my next move is more likely to be down than up as retirement approaches. In the mean time, very much enjoying my 252.

3 Likes

I went from 282 to 252 late last year. I wasn’t even planning too as I was happy with my 282/SCDR and really just wanted a better amp, but a good deal presented itself. I’m so glad I got the 252. It’s so much better in every way. More open, more dynamic, better resolution, better soundstage, better response in all frequencies. I did get the amp I wanted too.

3 Likes

am pretty sure the music will be flowing - enjoy !

1 Like

Enjoy, I was fond of my 252. I think it’s one of the Naim greats… get the support right, and it is fussy, I used Fraim, use the DR version of the SuperCap as you are doing, and it’s gorgeous.
I also find it’s not fussy on source… it will get the best from whatever you attach… this was in stark contrast to the 282 I had before it.

3 Likes

Congrats. I had a 252 for 7 years with and standard Supercap. I enjoyed but as they were 2006/2003 build and hadn’t been serviced so I don’t think I heard the very best that they were capable of. I weighed up getting both serviced and the Supercap DR’d too before I got a great offer on a 552DR. I’ve also learnt a bit more about cable dressing too since then especially with the Burndy cables.

If circumstances ever change, I’d have no issues with revisiting the 252 again.

Enjoy your system!

Cheers, Rack.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Mine was an upgrade from a NAC102 (aided by a HiCap and a NAPSC) - which is a big step up!

Pics:

7 Likes

Nope. Never educate your ears beyond your budget. 500 models are beyond my HiFi budget.

5 Likes

Ain’t that the truth!

4 Likes

love my 252 - the journey has ended for me there 282/SC was great - 252/SC is sublime

enjoy the music! they will be pleanty of it! :grinning:

4 Likes

Absolutely! I never want to hear the Statement range. :grinning:

1 Like

Congrats. I went from a 102 to a 52 around 8 or so years ago. Big leap (now have 552 since a year ago but let’s not go there :grin:)

1 Like

For me, the steps up the Naim ladder always resulted in better performance from my system – until i had my 300 DR’d. That upgrade, while dramatic, also uncovered weaknesses in other parts of my system which the previous upgrades had not uncovered.
It took me 1 1/2 years to resolve these issues and get the full benefit of the amp upgrade. Now I’m thinking about having the SC powering my 252 DR’d. What kind of magic does Naim use to keep us coming for more! Maybe most important is knowing when to finally say “I’m done.”

3 Likes

Over the past year I made my way to 252/SCDR/300DR and NDX2/XPSDR. I can now say with confidence I’m done upgrading Naim kit.

3 Likes

Hi which speakers are you using ?

1 Like

ProAc Response 2.5

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum and a pair of REL R-328.

end game system you got yourself…

very nice, congrats.

1 Like