Adding radio stations to ND5XS2

This has been an exercise in frustration. I wanted to add a few stations, so followed the instructions at vtuner.com and waited. And waited. The Added Stations folder spins endlessly – and fruitlessly. No new stations to be found.

The help desk suggests I “check the streaming URL that I added manually.” The problem there is that I didn’t add the URLs manually. I used vtuner’s own search function.

Sigh.

I am also keen to know the answer

Are tou sure the stations you want are not already available via the iRadio input? Browsing this on the Naim app is not always that simple unless you know the location of the station, as the rather primitive local search doesn’t help, but if a station can be found by searching vTuner, it’s probably in there somewhere.

You’re right, Chris. The stations I was most interested in are hidden deep in the bowels of the clunky search function. But I’m disappointed that the vtuner search doesn’t behave as Naim’s own support documents say it should. It feels like you can find stations only if you know where they are in the first place.

Anyway, I’m grumpy at the end of another long day in the salt mines. It’ll all look better in the morning.

Incidentally, I’m not sure what you mean by iRadio. Is that an abbreviation, or does it refer to a service I don’t know about?

Yes, for some reason Naim have never been able to implement a ‘global’ search, so if you don’t know where to look, you may never find any particular station. That said, I have never found one that wasn’t listed at all, and when you eventually do find it, save it as a ‘favourite’ and you won’t have to do it again.
It’s been a while since I last tried to add a station using vTuner, and I could never get it to work either.
iRadio is just an abbreviation of internet radio. Naim used to call the input iRadio on the old streamers, so I guess the name has stuck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.