Adding Wilson Audio TuneTot bookshelf speakers to 202/200

Wilson Audio needs to be set up properly. Speaker position is very critical for Wilson to deliver stunning soundstage and musical performance. It is much better than C1speaker, as I listened and compared them before.

Those TuneTot speakers are often ā€œadvertisedā€ in images sitting on large American kitchen shelves or on an island separating a delux condo open plan guest area.
I would struggle to imagine a great big stack of gear hiding next to the dishwasher.

Hi Bart,

Iā€™m not sure I understand what youā€™re saying.

When I used to speak with Julian, his advice was to spend more at the ā€œfront endā€ of a system. eg the turntable.The pre amp was next on his list then the power amp and finally the speakers.

There were lots of more subtle details, eg cartridges/tone arms, power supplies. But speakers were always well down the pecking order.

I believe Ivor up in Scotland had similar views but I never met him.

I always felt it was better to allocate funds more evenly across the chain, which usually resulted in spending more on speakers than Julian would recommend.

I donā€™t consider there is any guaranteed way to success, each to his own. But careful auditioning obviously helps as does a bit of guidance from a trusted retailer.

That is why you get a very comprehensive book to take you through the set up. And retailers can also help as does the UK distributor.

But I have never found them to be ā€œsuperā€ critical.

the source for me is the most important part of the hi-fi chain. that is where magic begins and is made.

next the preamp, and then the power ampā€¦

Speakersā€¦ oh well you can buy those from eBay ā€¦ for not a lot of money too.

I had the amazing demo with top of the line speakers and entry level ones. Sure one can hear what one pays for with most expensive speakers, but the quality of the electronics was clearly audible on the entry level ones too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.