Advice needed Uniti2 in combination with record player Rega P1

The takumi is real value for money I believe. I Found some good reviews on the web.

It looks like a very good value for money deck, no doubt helped by being made out East. The arm looks nice too - thereā€™s more than a hint of Brinkmann about it, and itā€™s even channeling a bit of Sumiko The Arm.

Have you heard it yet?

Hi PJJ,

Unusual. I would expect all the sources on the Uniti to sound poor if it needed a service. So there must be something more sinister at play if just the analogue inputs are affected.
Have you got another analogue source you can try rather than a laptop headphone out?
Have you got anything else connected to the unit other than network & speakers?

Regards
Neil.

Do you know anyone with an analog system, that you could test the planar 1 on? or even an older receiver. Either that or find a better signal to the uniti, perhaps an old tuner? The headphone out is not the best way to confirm uniti problem, although it does seem to confirm, Iā€™d still try another option before a final diagnosis.

Hi Neal,

Thanks for the feedback. I tried several sources and all sound flat. ( no dynamics) No nothing else connected.
Advice from local dealer was upgrade to latest firmware . I have 4.6 and to be honest i donā€™t see the need.

I canā€™t imagine that updating the firmware is going to solve this particular problem, but itā€™s worth doing it anyway. 4.7 is the latest, so you are only one version behind.

This situation is where a good old CD player would come in handy to just plug the analog outs into the analog inputs. My Teac player still sounds great, especially with DSD.image

Thanks to all. It works now. Letā€™s say it was a bit of everything. new interconnects, tried several records and there is a lot of difference in quality, I updated to 4.7. and My gain on analogue input is at 10+ now
I am happy now and just compared Sheer Heart Attack Queen Spotify vs record and I must say more impressed by the record to be honest. Have a good weekend.

3 Likes

Hi I heard it and it was really a great clear and warm sound. (it was played trough a 50K+ audio set though) Also love the design of the Takumi ( but that is personal taste ofcourse)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.