Advice on possibly returning to Naim on the main system

Better in what way?

1 Like

In the same way as cheap microwave power cable vs powerline ā€¦ā€¦

At the back end of last year I auditioned a Vertere MG-1. The dealer didnā€™t have the amplification I use (NAC252DR & NAP300DR) so put it into the new 222/250 combo instead.
Having read many glowing reports of this combo I was half expecting to want to change my amps and stick with my TT. I have to say though, I much prefer the 252/300. If you were happy with the sound back when you had that combo then you may still prefer it now.

1 Like

Not sure I understand. Is it just too cheap for your taste?

If you donā€™t believe that good cables have a cost, then we canā€™t understand each other.

1 Like

Put it this way Morgami 2972 outperforms NacA5 and WH Phantom by a significant margin in my 222/300/250 system at a fraction of the cost so for me thatā€™s all that matters and therefore deserves the accolade of a ā€œgood cableā€. It is a 4 core cable however which might make it slightly more expensive than Morgami 2 core?

Perhaps because they hide some things that bother you, things that better cables reveal?
Or maybe they are the best cost effective cables in the world.

What I can relate is my own experience. I had 4 different speakers cables in the last 20 years. Each time the more expensive one was noticeably better. But I agree, the cost is not all. Sometimes less expensive sounds better than more.
But in the case of Mogami, they are particularly cheap. But can sound good for their cost, I donā€™t deny. But doubt strongly that they allow all the capabilities of such expensive gear as full 200 series.

In general itā€™s advised to have the total cost of cables at 15% of the total system cost.

2 Likes

Cant say, I know it beats my old CDS3/252/300 set up by a margin (which is my only yardstick) whereby with other speaker cables previously mentioned, canā€™t say it did. Im not inclined to look further wrt speaker cables.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.