Again: HiCap DR humming

I found a dedicated spur didn’t cure a humming supercap. The 3 250drs and 2 Supercap DRs are all silent. A serviced non DR supercap is however still prone to intermittent buzzing. Putting it on Stillpoints however did reduce the volume of the buzzing by a big margin which was a nice bonus on top of the uplift in clarity.

1 Like

I have build a box made from 16 mm medium density fiberboard. Now the hicap Dr is living in this box. I can‘ t hear the humming any more :grinning:

1 Like

If other Naim transformers are not humming and it is just the HCdr, then I would suggest the mains could be a trigger for making a faulty unit hum, not the cause unto itself.

I suspect consistency of production is an issue here and with quality mains, may be difficult to catch during QC checks at the factory.

Maybe, Naim should actually test gear with rubbish mains (seriously).

1 Like

Although you’ve found a work around, it would still be worth (as has been mentioned a few times on this thread) finding the culprit that is on the same mains circuit as your hi-fi and causing the Hi-Cap to hum. A cure is better than a sticking plaster.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.