Air quality and pressure in your room

…and creating noise problems for other house occupants, or neighbours!

Yes ! :rofl:

I do that during the afternoon only, and if I’m alone at home :innocent:

It helps for the opposite reason opening a door helps.
It allows pressure to build up into the room creating a boost in the low end.

Sitting against the wall has the same effect : a boost in the low end.

It does the trick for the low end only.

High frequencies cary far less energy.

1 Like

Whether the ionizer helps or not, at least ionized air molecules are a real thing, as opposed to purely hypothetical tachyon particles,

And although tachyonic fields are less hypothetical, their supposed use in this device would require way more explanation than the vendor gave,

1 Like

And for clarity, pressure in this context is sound pressure level, not an increase or decrease in room air pressure as per the opening to the thread

2 Likes

I always assumed that changed in acoustics at festivals from morning to afternoon to evening were related to my cider consumption!

4 Likes

Naughty naughty Thomas! :point_up:t2::rofl:

But if they make electricity more efficient, which I was the claim as relayed by FR, then we should all have one, or rather two, one for general purpose use and the other for dedicated hifi use. After all, it must be true if sales blurb states it, with no sign of either pythons or vipers slipping on it. I wonder how much it costs?

@frenchrooster Have you tried these? They’re magic.

2 Likes

I can comment only on one personal experience: I find my vinyl system better sounding on summer, when the weather is hot and with no humidity.

Snake oil or reality? Acoustic resonators , work on air waves.

The PMR produces only harmonics that are perceived by the human ear as pleasant and harmonious. The sounds of music are heard as natural. These “right” overtones are the result of decades of sound research. And by the way… bell bronze is the only material that can reproduce all overtones of the musical scale. This know-how is now being implemented - world exclusive for HighEnd Novum( from their site)

Not good for my fat belly , but good with a good

Miam miam

2 Likes

The major electricity providers’ ninja squads are en route to Amsterdam as we speak. The web page of those guys is something else

Edit: rereading the claim, maybe they mean that their device contains the Higgs field. It would not be a lie :wink:

Certainly not impossible, but it would be not because of the premise of this thread

I suggest you go back an read my post properly when attempting to make a joke about my wry observation.

Why? Air quality is linked with the weather outside, not? Some posted above humidity of the air as not being ideal for optimal sound quality.

It is certainly conceivable that e.g. the speaker cones and casing change mechanical properties in heat and humidity. A friend took her Audio Physic speakers to Shanghai and they suffered badly in just one year. So I would certainly believe that this can also have an immediate effect that changes the sound. Also, if it’s hot you will feel and hear differently (just like after yoga :wink: )

But the premise of the thread’s OP was that the physical properties of the air would have an effect and in my opinion this was debunked, Innocent_Bystander even posted numbers

Whilst my first post in this presented info on humidity in the air and its direct effect on sound, I did not discuss any effect on physical materials associated with producing sound. As paper is hygroscopic, humidity indeed could affect untreated paper cones, making them heavier and softer in humid weather, and vice versa in very dry conditions, which certainly could affect the sound - it is not the air characteristics that do it per se. However, unless you have some very old speakers it may be unlikely, as I think the vast majority of speaker manufacturers moved away from such cones a long time ago, paper cones in recent decades being treated (with a variety of different substances), and as a result are far less susceptible to absorption of moisture from the air - though they may still absorb some.

Now this observation is interesting:

If that means that the same does not apply to digital sources, then it is clearly unrelated to the speakers. Assuming that psychological aspects are not in play, including memory accuracy or simply feeling happier in summer than winter, a first question before considering what at the vinyl source might be affected by temperature or humidity is: do you have the windows or doors open in summer, and not in winter?

1 Like

My feeling is that a deviation from normal parameters enough to effect the sound of your speakers would probably also be incompatible with life.

Think about the way helium or argon effects the sound of a voice due to its density. As long as the partial pressure of the gasses are able to keep us alive I am assuming that this will have the same effect on sound waves.

On the other hand anyone that has experienced a very humid climate such as the one I live in in cairns will tell you what a piece of paper feels like in the wet season. Soggy! This will most certainly effect paper cones.

1 Like

I’m having trouble understanding if this whole thread is a goof or if some of you are serious. Maybe some of you have spent so much $$$ on your systems you have nothing left for HVAC. Anyway I have Central Air. House is pretty much 73 degrees F and about 40% humidity year round.